post -"Reflections"

marvin

A number of people have contacted me about putting together another "Reflections"-type book, this one focusing on everyones thoughts and memories of the Nov 26th show. This morning I was in conversation with Kay about doing this. Kay's exact words to me were, "I think it's a great idea. It would be a great follow-up." I had initially thought that this might be overkill, but since I now have Kay's blessings, (I can't believe I'm going to say this!) send me your thoughts, memories, emotions etc., about the show on the 26th (or you can wait until after the New Year's Eve show), and I'll put together another booklet for the guys. Please send your stories to the email address in my profile.

Thanks everyone.

Marvin

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and bump again. I'd love to contribute, Marvin. I'd like to really concentrate on how the entire experience felt, from flying into Hopkins over Lake Erie, to our chance encounter with Jim, Barb, Eric, and Susan the day after the show, so it may take some time. What's our deadline on this?

Jennifer

With the holidays coming up, I am sure that most people do not have a lot of free time available to them. This being the case, I'd be willing to wait a few weeks into the new year to receive your submissions. This would give people a chance to talk about the New Year's Eve show. Fair enough?

Marvin

I still haven't come down from the thrill of that night -- not sure when I will. I am really hoping to do the NYE -- I hope my "reflections", of one or both can be more objective once and if I "come down" a little happyhappy Finally got home from a trip which started with Cleveland last week. Just landed from a 12 hour flight. I have 23,000 songs on my MP3 player. Guess which 40 or so I kept listening to the whole flight??!!??

My school concerts are in January, so I'm going to write my post-Reflections in December. Since Herman usually wears earplugs to bed (because I stay up late practicing my violin or playing EC/Raspberries music some nights!), I'll stay up late one night, after writing out all the Christmas cards, put Raspberries on the cd player, snuggle into my robe and slippers, grab a glass of wine and carry myself back to that beautiful, unimaginably perfect night...Even writing about it will be a celebration...

smile --Darlene

Yes, Julia, my entire Cleveland experience was beyond my wildest dreams. The sound check experience was almost surreal - there I was with Marvin, Bernie, Kathy, Jim's wife Barb, Ken Sharp, and very few other people, essentially witnessing a private concert. It was also my chance to really shake hands with Jim, Dave, Wally and Eric. Among the many songs they played, we were able to hear Driving Around and Cruisin' Music, which didn't make it into the show that night. Marvin was kind enough to help me to the train with my luggage the next morning, and clever enough to think of taking a quick glance around the Renaissance lobby in case the guys were checking out. Jim and Barb Bonfanti and Eric and Susan Carmen were there, so we were able to say thanks and good bye. It still seems like a dream...

Jennifer

Marvin, I started writing my Post-Reflections. You got to me--I couldn't wait for that late night glass of wine. Maybe I'll do the final copy that night. wink I can't believe that two weeks later, my mind is just throwing out impressions and feelings like there's no tomorrow! I'm writing comments and snippets of sentences/paragraphs at every turn. It's almost like a delayed-reaction replay, so I had to start writing. I may not finish this thing till NYE!

But it's coming. Then again, so is NYE!

smile --D

Marvin, I just finished my Post-Reflections! Already, no glass of wine, no comfy robe, no waiting till Christmas vacation! That show really did change my life--I'm doing things at the speed of light...I'll have to send them as an attachment with an e-mail (is that okay?) It's long. But it was so easy to write...

smile --Darlene