Help, please...

Bernie, or anyone out there I need some help. You guys are not going to believe this. I went to the Rock Hall to see the guitar that Eric designed and it was not there. confused I asked several people about it and they all said the same thing. There was a bad storm and 10 guitars were damaged and are out being repaired. There are about 100 guitars on display and it would just figure that his guitar was one of the 10 that were damaged. frown

I know the staff there are probably sick of me asking questions about this but no one knew too much about it, or when they will be back on display. Time is ticking, and I was hoping to get the chance to see it.

Anyone out there have any info on this ? Geez, it's always somethin' :rolleyes:

Thanks, Gina

Bernie, thanks for the map. That is the map they give at the Rock Hall. I pointed his guitar out on the map to several staff members and they all look at the map and say it is right there. Then they all point in the same direction, but it is not there. I even had one of the girls radio to all staff members for some help. Then someone responded to her and said that his guitar was one that was damaged. I don't know I guess maybe it was. Or maybe it was moved to a different location. If so I will never find it, there are so many guitars around. I don't know how to get any more help. I will go back again tomorrow, and bug these people again.

Thanks, Gina

We spent most of the day looking for this guitar.

Once again I asked someone at the Rock Hall about it. This time this woman said, oh Eric Carmen. I like him. She explained she saw him when he played there. She really made an effort to help. Finally, she had another woman come over and they both said that his Guitar is most likely somewhere in the city. Yikes ! How will I find it ? We walked this entire town, and I think I know this city better than I know my own. I can't find it. She said because he is one of the famous people that designed a guitar, that those guitars will be moved from time to time. She said that, no, his guitar was not one of the ones that were damaged. Oh, I just don't know anymore. Time is really ticking now. We also decided that we will try to make it back here again before September, when they are auctioned off.

The search is on !!!

Ok, so now that I am home now, and walked the entire city of Cleveland, I just found out a little something about the guitar that Eric designed. I found out that it is not on display because it needed an overlay/coating put on it. It was not ready to be displayed. I understand it will be on display next week. Hey, we had a great time checking out all the guitars, and we saw a grand total of 43 guitars. It was fun! Actually the reason we went out there was to see Jim Bonfanti's band, INCOGNEATO. We had a great time, they ROCKED!! They played a few of their original songs, and they are really, really good. They said their CD should be finished in the fall, and I can't wait to pick that up. They are all great guys, and it was a great show, the club was very crowded. Maybe we can catch that guitar Eric designed another time, we just thought since we were there it would have been nice to see it.

Gina

Bernie -- it was VERY exciting to see Jim. I cannot believe how quickly the night passed by, though. It was like just waiting all week for that moment, and then it was over so quickly, but a GREAT time and an absolute dream come true.

Craig -- I asked Jim, and actually I asked all the guys about future shows. They said they have nothing booked for this summer. They want to finish working on their CD. Maybe they might book something towards the fall. Check their website, they might have a last minute show someday, you never know. Hey, maybe when they finish their CD and book a date, they will have a CD release party, and we can get some fans together to go out and celebrate. There is one original song they played that is my favorite so far.

Gina

I did the same thing as I did last year when I saw Jim. On the way to Cleveland I kept saying, "Wow! We are really going to see Jim?"

Then after the show, getting back to the hotel room, very very lat , I'm SCREAMING, "Wow! We really saw Jim! We really saw Jim!" (oh, and I was jumping up and down on the bed too) shocked

I think I could see him a hundred times and still have that same reaction.

Gina