Hangin' With The Raspberries

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get VH1-Classic, so I didn't see the show, but just because one of the guys said there's no plans at this time to release a DVD doesn't mean it will never be released.

If the answer was "no," it could mean any number of things: we're not releasing the one we were going to, we're making another one, we have plans in the works with our management company (or anything/anyone else) to produce one, WHATEVER! Or maybe it means that the guys don't wish to divulge everything or *anything* at this time.

Please don't jump on a one word answer and conjure up a negative meaning. NOTHING IN THE WORLD NEGATIVE IS HAPPENING!!!!

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but:

THEY'RE DOING IT THE WAY THEY NEED TO DO IT TO MAKE IT WORK, and THAT'S WHY IT IS WORKING IN A HUGE WAY! AND IT WILL CONTINUE TO. PERIOD.

The more I believe in what they're doing, the more all *my* Raspberries dreams are coming true.

Try it...it works. As one of my polka bandleader friends always says to the crowd at the end of a gig, "Don't be *scared.*"

Instead of worrying about a DVD, go to one of the shows in, let's see, Atlantic City, San Diego, HOLLYWOOD....!

smile --Darlene

They just have to put a dvd put out. They could compile it from all the recent shows. Whatever. I'll buy it at any "quality".

So I decided to tape the late show sans all the "other" videos...tho' I probably should have includes the Runaways one just cuz it was so hot.

Well, I thought the format of the show (and no fault of the berries) sucked. It just was too disjointed, and if you had the least bit of interest in the Raspberries, once a "Bow Wow Wow" video came on, you'd be off to another channel ... and, yes, Bernie, the Cheap Trick song was wonderful ...

IWTBWY was absolutely beautiful ... and it was interesting they asked all the others what they had been doing, and, not only did they not broach the subject with Eric, but all was said as an aside, was he was "involved in music to a certain degree" over the years ... I guess that was a pre thought out line of question.

But, in the big picture, it was wonderful to see them finally getting some national re-exposure .... warms our hearts laugh

I just rewound the tape of the show. Jim actually said..."We have shot 3 shows...there are no plans to release the DVD...YET". To me,IMHO that means it will be forthcoming. Have some patience fellow Berries fans. Listen to Darlene..she is correct. Don't read the most negative thing about it. Have some faith! Drink some of Dar's lemonade! Don't Worry.....Be Happy!

Phil

P.S. It's difficult to remember that when those of us who attended the reunion concert in November heard about the production of the DVD at the pre-show party, the first performance hadn't even begun! Rumours were swirling about a DVD and future dates before the guys even stepped onto the stage for the first time. As someone pointed out recently, it was fun to hear Eric say that he would be well satisfied if they played three dates well and that was that. Because they were doing it to make their fans' dreams come true. And even now, I'm sure we can't have an inkling of the personal trepidations, adjustments and sacrifices each of the guys faced to do it. For us.

It would have been easy to compile a DVD from the three performances for the exclusive purchase of Raspberries fans had the whole thing ended right there. But, ecstatically, it DIDN'T. Since this is no longer a little shindig just for fans, I'm sure the DVD will be different than they had originally planned. Not only can I wait, but I'm grateful.

smile --D

Jeff, I can't wait to see the segment. Whatever the format, being featured on VH1 or VH1-Classic is a great coup for the Berries. I'm sure no show ever turns out as favorably as the artists themselves would have liked, just as most interviews often leave something to be desired, but VH1-Classic doing a segment on Raspberries is HUGE.

While Razz fans understandably want a lot of the music on the program (and it sounds like the "lush version of IWBWY" was a marvelous choice!), viewers need to see the guys themselves, who they are and what they have been doing. I hope to see it very soon, and I can't wait. I'm thrilled about the whole thing.

smile --D

I'm just amazed at how beautifully Eric is singing these days. The years just seem to be falling away. Even his hair looks younger. That version of IWTBWY was just gorgeous. Darlene's right, we just have to be grateful for every gift they give us. Who would have believed any of this could really be happening?

Sheesh! Guess I picked a bad time to be gone all day. I had my car in a show through the afternoon, and then we went and looked at horses. I taped the VH-1 segment; haven't had time to listen to the interview portion, yet. But, fast forwarding to the IWBWY unplugged was so moving, I found myself looking for a lighter to hold up and wave from my chair! Then I remembered I don't smoke and we don't have any lighters around. It's easy to envision the song as Eric wrote it- sitting at his piano, working so beautifully as a ballad. I was definitely a member of the Kleenex Klub. And the must-have book for the fall, fantastic news! To top it all off, the Raspberries are coming to California smilehappylaugh Praise the Lord! Kirk.

Brian--I have a Sunbeam Tiger. It's one of those Carroll Shelby engineered v-8 British cars from the '60s. Similar in concept to his AC Cobra, but not nearly as famous (or expensive).

Jennifer--We were looking at gaited horses. Seems my wife's back can't take the pounding any more, so we're out shopping again. Today we were looking at Paso Finos--Kirk.

I heard the "yet," people.

It's just that I'm a little concerned that the "yet" is going to become, over time, a "yet" that never comes.

I knew Darlene was going to attack me with lemonade for saying it...and so would other people backing her up. I knew that.

But I'm not a naturally optimistic person. I'm a natural worrier. So please don't try to censor me by accusing me of negativity, OK? All I'm trying to do is point out that there are dangers in "waiting until we have it all down" or "waiting until everything is absolutely perfect"...and one of them is that "it never gets done." I really, really do not want to see that happen.

And I just realized, I definitely can't make the West Coast shows, I'm already committed to go to Atlantic City for a skating event (there's irony for you).

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble. But I think there is room in this fan-world of ours for people to be what they are...and if impatient worriers is part of what we are, then PLEASE LET US BE, okay? I don't see where I'm ruining anything by it, so just let me be what I am.

Let's remember...it's lemonade, not Kool-Aid. Let's not force everyone to drink it 24-7...all right?

Kirk, I hear that old bastard Shelby just designed a new special Mustang Mach 1. Any chance you could send me a picture of the Sunbeam to brian-mac@msn.com

Trindy, They sound better now. They look better now. Something good is gonna come. That slow version of IWTBWY is a good start. Keep the faith!

I bet the DVD is shelved (however temporarily) for one reason and one reason only: production quality.

The boys must not like the sound or the lighting or the way they photographed. Why else would they not put it out?

After all this time, don't we know that the boys are perfectionists? (yeah, yeah, yeah...some more than others...who cares! :P )