Hangin' With The Raspberries

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IWBWY was absolutely incredible crazy If you 'Hang with' that's the focus of your attention (IMHO). What a crappy show ('cept for da boys of course). Where's the rest of the music?

Nonetheless, it was very satisfying to hear the guys perspective of 'back in the day.' smilie

Ted

I am certainly not defending the playing of only one exquisite live song-but I guess the "Hangin' With" concept dates back to "hot acts" dropping by radio stations to shmooze with the town's hottest DJ, sitting around while he plays songs in the station format that supposedly are linked to the artist,and then having them do maybe one song live.Guess not everything about old-time radio was great.Anyway I,m positive the silver lining is that VH1 is starved for good new product from classic bands and they will!be interspersing the remaining live Raspberries music into thir programming. (I did,however, enjoy seeing Flo and Eddie singing on "Bang The Drum"). Ira from Edison.

What a great sister, Robin !! You're going to LOVE watching it. The guys looked so relaxed and happy..they were charming and they were funny. It all looked so natural for them, and the slower version of "I Wanna Be With You" was lovely....simply perfect.

It was a good interview with the band. And I enjoyed the "slowed down" version of IWBWY immensely! I, too was disappointed that there were no more songs. I guess from an interview and production viewpoint they show what they feel is the best take of all the songs sung live for the show. From us true and devoted fans it leaves much more that we want to experience! Tonight, I will have to decide whether to pause and only tape Raspberries or just let the VCR go and tape it all including the various videos of other bands....Have to think about that?

Anyone got and pros and/or cons of that approach?

Phil

In the GATW video it's fun to watch the number of guitar picks Eric has stuck into his microphone stand. In some scenes there are about ten of 'em, in others, none. (It's kinda like watching Dorothy's hair in the Wizard of Oz; some times it's thhhhhhhiiiiissss long, some times it's thhhis.)

Dave

Interesting how VH1 CLASSIC's website describes "Hangin' With The Raspberries"—The group visited the VH1 Classic studio to promote their new album "Greatest" and performed classic hits including "I Wanna Be With You," "Last Dance," "Should I Wait," "Overnight Sensation" and "Nobody Knows." (08/14/2005)

Hmmm. Funny how they don't mention the Sting video.

Bernie

At this point, any media exposure is a gift so I'm happy with that. However, knowing that VH1 Classic is owned by MTV , I'm not surprised they screwed the hour up.

When Eddie Trunk first asked about plans for releasing the DVD, Jim immediately said "no." Has that project been shelved? Is anyone still working on it?

We should know now instead of waiting and waiting for something that not's gonna happen.

They HAVE to release one of those amazing shows.

I was curious about Jim's reaction to the DVD thing. Why record all those shows if the material is never going to be released?

Or is a certain thing holding it up? If it's the goal to make everything "perfect"...I'm sorry, but I say SCREW IT! In the words of a certain songwriter, "Perfection is consuming." I would rather have something imperfect and available to me than stuck in someone's private archives rotting somewhere for years.

I can certainly appreciate your anticipation for a DVD. I'd love to have one, too! Now that the band has more control over what's produced and released, this is their opportunity to turn out a product that they can be 100% proud of. I figure at some point in time, they're going to have to turn the Reunion Tour into a Raspberries Are Here to Stay Tour. If they have all that video archived, they can put out a DVD of the Best of the Reunion Tour - taking their favorite bits and pieces from each show. This reunion is so legendary, don't they deserve to choose what they're going to be remembered the most for?! Be patient. Good things come to those who wait!!!!!