American As Apple Pie

I think I have a new favorite song.

Who would have thought it would replace "It Hurts Too much"?

I've never been a big fan of the Geffin album, but I got it out the other day to listen to "You took me all the way" - another great song for something Eric isn't happy with - and discovered this one.

I have to admit, it was fun driving on the highway singing "Ammm mmm mmmm erican as Apple pie" on the 4th of July. Despite the rain, it brightened my day.

Slightly off topic, but still has to do with the Geffen album.

Eric, how did you end up singing a Michael Bolton song on that album? Was it something that was solicited to you and liked, or was that Kalodners idea as well?

Also, I just finished reading the book "Hotel California" that covers the southern California music scene during the late 60's, and early 70's. David Geffen does not come off well in that book at all. He's portrayed as arrogant, manipulative, and willing to do anything to get what he wants. (Something that I've read in other books as well). Did you have any contact with him during the making of the album, and was he as unpleasant that everyone makes him out to be?

Jeff

Tony, if you remember correctly, you had the names inscribed on the inside waistband of your underwear. I couldn't figure out why you kept giving co-writing credit to JC Penney crazy Kirk.

---- and Fruit of the Loom!!

Laundry detail was hell that day!!! crazy

--- I had to re-order some bleach!!! eye

Well, in EC Boot Camp, we were forced to permanently remember and recall the writers of each song. I guess you were AWOL during that harrowing week.

Tony, when I was in real boot camp it lasted eight weeks... and was 24 years ago... I don't remember every single detail of that one either... wink

Kirk... the idea behind putting two names in the waistband... is so you know who turns them inside out and wears them next in case washing is not an option... eek