Raspberries Greatest Hits

Leonard S.

• 2 weeks later...

I found on amazon.com "The Raspberries, Vols. 1 and 2, Powerpop" with loads of songs by the guys. I don't know if that is the one you're talking about or not. You might want to log onto amazon.com and pull it up and see. The two albums are imports. I hope this helps. Good luck. :) I'm listening to their greatest hits cd now it sure brings back lots of memories. I remember going to the first concert at Public Hall and I also remember the all-day concerts that used to be held at Edgewater Park and the Raspberries were there. It was great!!!!

Hi everyone! I do consider myself lucky to have witnessed the original Raspberries in concert when they became popular. Believe me, when they came out on stage and started playing "Go All The Way" -- loudly, like it should be played -- the Cleveland crowd went nuts!!! Ahhh the good ol' days!!! I decided to purchase the first Vol. on amazon.com cuz I really liked the first two albums the best. I also really wanted a copy of the first album which includes "I Can Remember". I must have driven everybody nuts playing that song over and over and over again. I love that song. I will be back in Cleveland the first weekend of August for a high school reunion. I miss home. Take care everyone.

Christine-- "I Can Remember" was one of the more astounding songs that Raspberries performed live. Transferring that song's complexity as a studio recording to the stage was one massive feat for four guys in the early 70's. I can't think of too many bands at the time who could have pulled it off. What it amounts to is a great testament to the musical abilities of Eric, Wally, Jim and Dave. --Bernie

• 2 weeks later...

Not too long ago, I heard "Hungry Eyes" by Eric Carmen on the radio. That's what prompted me to look for the Raspberries and Eric Carmen on the net. That's how I found this site. Now since I found this site, I keep hearing "Go All The Way" on the radio. Isn't that curious....

Ahh, the beautiful blue album with the scratch 'n' sniff sticker! I LOVED mine. I brought it for autographs to the Raspberries' concert for the March of Dimes Walkathon in Sheeps Meadow Central Park, New York City (Harry Nilsson and John Lennon made appearances also)and on my way literally fighting through the immense crowd, and after crawling under a police barricade to actually go up and sit on the stage (!), somehow my poor scratch 'n' sniff sticker came off and I never found it. (Never had a chance to get an autograph either...), so I'll have to search out another copy of the album for that sticker!

By the way, it was the first time I saw Raspberries or Eric in concert (though, happily, not the last) and I was IN AWE!!! They were absolutely magnificent. That performance was so exciting, it was worth every second of fighting my way through a sometimes angry crowd of people to get to the front. I was hooked on seeing them live after that. Thanks, Christine, for bringing up that sticker. Happy memories indeed. --Darlene

As with everything else Raspberries or Eric Carmen I have always bought at least 2 of everything -- one to play and one to preserve. This worked out great for the scratch and sniff stickers on the first album. I keep them stored face to face and they both still smell as fresh as the first day I bought them. Ummmm --Kirk.

The Rasperberries Greatest Hits CD that Leonard S. referred to actually was available for a very short time through BMG Music Club. I was fortunate enough to order one at the time and it is fantastic!! Sure wish I would have ordered a few more to share ... everyone who enjoys their music as much as I did (and still do) should have one!

• 2 weeks later...