New forthcoming Big Screen movie about Brian Wilson / BBs...

Lawyer fan

Why the heck not? No Mike Love involvement (as in the Stamos telefilm) is a good first step. Brian's behind it, as are his management team. I don't think that they would allow a piece of garbage to be intentionally made. I recall that Jeff Bridges did once express an interest in playing Brian in a film, but I agree that he & Beau are too old to play the parts all the way thru a film. I'd rather see a film made about Brian Wilson than some unfunny so-called comedy like Borat!

I love the sound of this. To me, the only Beach Boys-related movie I'd pay for would have Brian Wilson's involvement. Besides, the brief item implies that it's Brian's life story, so it probably extends (and should) well beyond the Beach Boys' glory days. In fact, it'll be interesting to see how he's portrayed in the drug-abuse years, and, later, in the Eugene Landy years.

Let's see, who could play Eugene Landy? Some actor that can pull off the task of being weasley and domineering and sychofantical....

(Interesting side note: The story mentioned that Brian was being inducted into the U.K. Music Hall of Fame. I wonder if Percy Sledge is in yet?) (Hee hee hee.... Just being an agitator!)

--LC

I believe it would be redundant.

But if the were to make another Beach Boy movie Jerry O'Connell for Brian,Very cute Charlie O'Connell for Dennis and Matthew McConaughey for Mike Love.

That Would a good start for the cast.

wait...Matthew McConaughey... Surfing w/o a rash a guard,that would sell tickets :p

One thing I will say for Mike Love...at all the BB shows over the years, on stage MIke gave a good performance and backstage, he was always "pressing the flesh" and promoting the band. Although he has opened his mouth a bit in recent years, I view that just as Mike being Mike. On the whole, his "nasal" singing, some lyrical contribution and role as front man for the band cause me not to come down too hard on Mike. But then again, that's just me.

marvin,good description of mike!! now do'nt hold back on your feelings here!!(goota love honesty!)..i think brian should get the say on who plays him..he has been ssoo misunderstood as far as the crappy movies done on him so far,the general public needs to hear the true story from brian,not mike love's butt buddy!!lol,chris

It pains me to say this, but I'll give Love credit for doing his best to constantly promote the Beach Boys' name. That's as far as I'll go. His words and actions over the last 40 years have had an incredibly adverse effect on Brian, and for that, I will never sympathize with the man.

Marv

Bessie you're certainly making Mike Love look good (physically) by casting Matthew McConaughey in that role! I'd suggest either a rat or some other low-life, blood-sucking rodent to play Love.

Marv

*HEY!!!!

That's an insult to low-life, blood-sucking rodents everywhere!

Paul