The word on a Raspberries reunion isÖ

Raspbernie

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Lord! We've been blessed! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! So excited I can barely type! In fact, can barely breathe! Can't wait to find out when and where!! Must make plans as soon as possible! Should I plan my trip to Aspen in November, or not? Should I sign up for my high school reunion in October, or not? This reunion would take precedence over all of that!

Tony, Don and Steve-O,

We all *LOVE* Scott and Michael's contributions to the band but my understanding is that this EXTRAORDINARY EVENT (and one that many of us NEVER expected to see, myself included!!!) will be a four-man reunion: Eric, Wally, Dave and Jim.

Bernie

PS: For the record, when Ken and I were in Cleveland for our book signing, Michael McBride told us that he no longer plays drums and hasn't for quite some time.

PPS: Those three album covers I posted above are not part of any official announcement. It's just a picture thingy I added to help me PAR-TAY :-)

Oh, and by the way, I am fully expecting that come tomorrow I will wake up, check the Message Board and find out that this was just a DREAM!

When Wally launches into that first power chord of the night and Jim starts pounding his kit as Dave and Eric join in, I AM GONNA FREAKIN' EXPLODE!!!

Is it morning yet? Someone pinch me. This HAS to be a dream.

Bernie

Bernie, it's so amazing, I feel I must be dreaming, too. However, just for fun, let's say it's really happening - any idea WHERE or WHEN it might be? Have you had any hints from anyone at all? It's going to take a lot of planning on my end to be able to get to Cleveland, and it could change some of my other travel plans, so I'm dying to know! Can you even speculate for us?

Jennifer

Who says lemonade and positive thinking doesn't work????!!!! I've been praying for this for a long time, almost 30 years in fact, and just haven't accepted "no" for an answer! There is truly magic in believing, and magic in music, and when you believe in music (especially *incredible* music!), then it's double-magic! If this is possible, (and I always knew it would be!), then I should be able to lose those 15 lbs. in the blink of an eye!

H A L L E L U J A H!

smile --"Never-stop-makin'" Lemonade Girl

This is turning out to be quite the year, isn't it?!? happy My thanks not only to the Raspberries for making this happen, but also to the other positive forces here on the board (#1 being Darlene) who worked their magic through good vibes, prayers, and lemonade. I BELIEVE! Kirk.

Bernie,

This is all too exciting! Does EXTRAORDINARY EVENT mean a one-time reunion show and not a tour?

I won't be able to go to Cleveland, so I hope SOMEBODY tapes/films/records this in every possible format for posterity!!!

Hanging On Your Every Word (!!!),

Joyce Marie spin

Bernie thanks for the great discussion last night as well as the insights. Given the fact that both Mike and Scott will not be part of this reunion, I'm curious whether the guys will be learning songs off of "Starting Over." When you know, let us know.

Marvin

How cool is this news.

You know when you read the new book, and realize how much they went through, and how naively influential they were at the time, one can only say regarding a reunion today, why not?

It seems as if all they really need is a good and solid offer, and they're willing to go for it.

Really cool...

Seattle Steve