Get ready for the EC.com Garage Sale!

Raspbernie

Last year I had a brilliant idea to help pay for the EricCarmen.com web site hosting. Rather than dig in my own wallet for the funds (as I did for the previous eight years) I held an auction and raised enough money to keep everything online without it costing me a cent. This year I'm doing it again.

Twenty-five exciting auctions lots of memorabilia, autographs and one-of-a-kind collectables. The auction will start on Sunday, January 29 and close one week later. Good luck everybody, and thanks for your continued support of EricCarmen.com!

Bernie

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernie, will you be putting up any autographed 8x10s? I got one with my TONIGHT package, and it's kind of cool because Eric "misfired"---started writing with a ballpoint that went bad, so he switched to a Sharpie. It's cool to have, but I might wanna bid on another....

--LC

There will be Eric autographs (this is EC.com, right?) but no full band-signed photos. The photo included with the PLATINUM edition of Raspberries TONIGHT! was a rather difficult item to get signed (Thanks again, Al!)

I've received so much interest from other fans on the box set that I could have sold three times as many as we produced. Consider yourself lucky to have one in your collection!

Bernie

Okay. Like Bob Dylan said in "Idiot Wind," "I can't help it if I'm lucky...."

The fact that it's rather difficult to get band-signed stuff isn't lost on me, which is why the autographed litho I bought here is such a treasure.

I agree. Great-looking piece -- as classy as its subject. It's a good value, too. (Plus you get the benefit of knowing that you're supporting a great cause!)

You know, if you're ever able to make them available, Bernie, I'd buy signed lithos of Fresh, Side 3, and Starting Over too. That's asking a lot, I know, but what a great matching set they'd make, don't you think? Maybe someday....

A quick word about autographs: It's a great hobby, something I've loved even before it was a "business." As a kid, I was one of those ballpark rats who'd hang over the railings at old Cleveland Stadium or Three Rivers in Pittsburgh and beg for sigs.

As an adult (I use that term loosely in my case!), I've worked as an editor of sports and entertainment magazines, newsletters, and books for many years.

Between all that, I'm pretty familiar with the risks of buying an autographed item that you didn't personally see signed. But I make exceptions when A) it's from a trusted source, and B) it's an otherwise hard-to-get autograph. Bernie's Raspberries litho (actually, anything EC.com would offer) is a case where A and B made it a no-risk deal. It's just a nice-looking piece....