Pre-show party at HOB

AnniekNY

I wasn't trying to put anybody off the idea. I'm just not sure it's worthwhile for me. I don't drink, I can't stand cajun or BBQ, and most importantly I have to watch my budget. It's going to cost me $500+ just to visit Cleveland so I'm not really in a position to spend $60 on something that may not be worth it to me. Besides, I'm already annoyed with the HoBs for screwing me out of an oppurtunity to buy reserved seats. I've got a couple of weeks to mull it over but right now I figure I'll eat in the restaurant. If I do decide to forgo the reception, I hope everyone has a great time and hopefully I'll have other oppurtunities to meet up with some of you. As I already mentioned, me and some pals are visiting the RnR Hall of Fame on Saturday afternoon. Anybody who wants to meet up should drop me an email.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said "Ouch" to the $50.00 at first, but upon further review to eat,have a few drinks, get in early, meet the real fans....I think it is well worth the price. This whole thing's costing all of us alot of $$$, so what's another $50 in the big scheme of things. Buy yourself an early Christmas present, and get a ticket to the reception...you may regret it, if you don't! wink

All you guys are trying to make this concert the best that ever happened, that's good, but, everytime you guys add on , and add on, it's more money, and even more money.

I see and read, and all you guys are getting to the point where you are getting ticked off.

Your trying too hard.

Go over and read what all you have said .

You keep it up, you guys will lose interest, and only wait for the DVD TO come out.

Am I not right guys?

Gord: You are wrong. The more the better! This is great stuff going on here. The $50 for food and drinks, not to mention meeting beucoup other fans, represents less than 1/2 a PENNY a day since the group last performed!!!!!!! I have to eat, and who better to eat with before the concert than the many fine fans that have remained loyal all these years. I can't wait!!!!

Amen to THAT ! I just keep hoping that Eric hasn't forgotten about those of us who weren't able to get balcony tickets. He DID send a wonderful message via Bernie that sounded very positive, and we haven't heard anything NEGATIVE yet....so, here's to a glass half FULL.... happy ANYTHING can happen !

I don't know about you guys, but I don't go to a lot of concerts, so I figure an extra 50 bucks is not a big deal. And...this is the event of a lifetime! What if this is the last Raspberries concert? Then a chance to be right up front is well worth it - especially since I'm short! And its a great chance to meet EC.com fans.

Steveh

I'm gonna be there. 50 bucks for food and fun, that's fine. Just think, this whole thing probably never would have been had it not been for Bernie... and for Al Gore inventin' the internet. I guess the band would have had to depend on some snail mail from fans to tell them we miss the music. What are the odds anyone of us could have figured out where to send that mail? Thanks Bernie and Ken... and the band!

Hi all - I didn't get a response to my email yet either but I'm hoping it's just due to overwhelming response.

I think $50 for 2 drinks and dinner isn't bad at all but I'm from NY! If you go to NYC and go to a club, it's $10 - 30 JUST to walk in the door and drinks are anywhere from $5 for a bottle of Bud to $10 for a martini. And then there's dinner....

I'm chalking this trip up to a great Christmas present from my family to ME - I have bought my own present occasionally! This way, they don't have to wrap anything - although a nice bow around Eric or Jim or Dave or Wally would be a nice touch! KIDS - PAY ATTENTION!

I definitely want to do the HOF on Saturday - we'll organize a visit time on friday when we all get together.

Thanks everybody for getting this whole deal together - I know it's not an inexpensive get together, but it will be priceless in the end.

annie

I have to agree with Bernie and others. Just to be able to meet the gang from the EC.com board is worth the price. Plus the "Pass The Line" plus the food and drinks and as someone pointed out, placing orders, waiting to be served then trying to divvy up the bill, at a group sitdown, would be a nightmare.

I also understand why some will not attend, that's ok too. For me, this is a once in a lifetime event. It's been 31 long years in the making.

Laura Miller (HoB) has been doing this kind of thing for some time. She told me, based on her experience, this way works best for all. I have to take her word.

Let's get together folks to enjoy each other and top it off with some Raspberries.

Ted