Pre-show party at HOB

AnniekNY

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound like a wet blanket, but $50 is a bit steep. For more than half that amount I can sit at a table in the resturaunt and order whatever I want and still pass the line, right? It would be nice to be able to meet and visit with everyone before the show but I don't know if I want to pay $50 to do that. If the the band were going to be there, it would be another matter. I'll ask some of my pals who are going to the show and see if they are interested but I'm leaning against it. Are there still plans for a group outing to the Hall of Fame the following day?

I'm also apprehensive about paying another $50 for the pre-show supper, but if this is going to be the only way to meet everyone, then I might have to bite the bullet. I'd still like to do something on the Saturday.. R&RHoF?

Bernie for those of us who have the balcony seating, do you have any idea if attending the pre-show supper will affect where we end up sitting in the balcony? My understanding is that your exact seat in the balcony will be assigned on a first come/first served basis.

Marvin

Another $50 is steep (doubles the price of my ticket!), but if it really provides an advantage to getting up close to the stage, I'll just have to do it. Plus, it would be nice to mingle with other fans. Anybody ever been to a HOB pre-show reception of this nature before? Bernie, is this reception open to only EC.com members, or will HOB be inviting all GA ticket holders to this? If it gets too crowded, it seems all advantage of advance entry would be lost.

Jennifer

I am not sure about the answers to any of these questions --BUT-- I would suggest you e-mail any inquiries to the address on the Reservation Page.

Bernie

PS: Right now the invitation is just for us. That exclusivity (and the extra price) leads me to assume that we will be let in first regardless of other "pass the line" lines (if any).

Hate to inundate you with another question Bernie.

But will this Friday pre-concert buffet impact our planned Saturday night get-together?

Larry and I (and Marv too) were looking forward to hanging out with you and the rest of the gang on Saturday night--and we've even booked return flights for Sunday because of it.

--Thanks! Larry

Iwannabe, I haven't received any kind of response yet, either, so it may just be taking awhile. I did ask in my email whether or not there would be some type of confirmation. Hopefully, we'll hear soon. Can't wait to meet ALL of you ! happy

Marvin, I was thinking the same thing. I plan on going to the HoF Saturday afternoon no matter what. I may never visit Cleveland again so this may be my only oppurtunity. If no one else stepped up to organize a group outing, I planned on it. I haven't really planned out Saturday evening yet. I'm leaning toward the Les Paul show at the HoB in the early evening and possibly going to Howl at the Moon after that.

I think the reception is a good idea..even for $50. If we were all going to meet for dinner there anywhere imagine what an ordeal it would be

waiting for our orders to be taken, the food to be served and the bill to be figured out. It would be hard to mingle sitting at a large table. I think this reception will give everyone an opportunity to talk without being stressed about getting served on time etc. I hope most of you plan on attending. I know it's easier to say for me since I'm only driving an hour to the show and don't have to pay for the trip and hotel.

Bernie for those of us who have the balcony seating, do you have any idea if attending the pre-show supper will affect where we end up sitting in the balcony? My understanding is that your exact seat in the balcony will be assigned on a first come/first served basis.

Marvin

Can anybody verify this? I was thinking that the balcony seats were reserved with seat assignments, since you could choose which section of the balcony when you bought the tickets. Anybody get their actual balcony tickets yet, and can you confirm/deny?

I don't know for sure but I thought what they meant by first come first serve was when you actually placed the order and they filled it..not when you got to the venue. I haven't received the balcony tickets that were ordered from the HOB website. I just think they haven't printed those yet because they aren't open for business yet.

By the way, I am definitely into the idea of the reception. It's a GREAT idea! We get to hang out, be served good food and drink then get to go in FIRST to stake out prime locations before the other 1,000 people get let in :-)

I just spoke to Ken Sharp who's made his reservation as well.

Getting together at another place on Saturday would be fine, too -- but it's unlikely that everyone will be able to make it. It's also unlikely that we'll be able to duplicate the unbridled enthusiasm of all of us in one room together *before* Raspberries hits the stage for the first time in 31 years!

Bernie

Bernie I agree with your pre-show "unbridled enthusiasm" remarks, however, at the risk of sounding like a poor sport, I've already paid for a flight, hotel and $100 for balcony seats. Another $50 for food is not something that I'm interested in. I'd rather use the $50 toward Raspberries merchandise or something else at the Hall of Fame. I'll hang out on Saturday with whoever else is available.

The tickets for the Balcony seats do not indicate a specific seat. In my case it reads "Row A-C" and the fine print says that my exact seat will be assigned at a later date.

Marvin