70's Music Explosion Infomercial

ira

At 3:00 a.m when I woke with the T.V.on the "Discovery Channel" -I sat transfixed to a Time-Life offer of -"if you act now"- 10 cds(including a 2 cd 1-hit-wonder bonus)called-I believe- "The 70's Music Explosion".Barry(Brady Bunch) Williams co-hosted with a pretty woman as alot of fun clips were shown between shpiels on a psychedelic set.At about 3:20 up pop The Raspberries -sans white suits -looking like real rock stars. Eric is beaming,and Wally is wearing that British M.G. type Sunday driving cap and they glow.They are doing "GATW".Well after a few seconds we switch to Bo Donaldson And The Heywoods doing "Billy Don't Be A Hero".Ah well-so it goes.But in all truth seeing all the clips is fun.Based on the tiny bit of info my sleepy account provided-could anyone guess where this performance was from ? If you act now.........

Oh no, please don't tell me I have to set the TV on discovery channel and try to wake up at 3:20 AM to see Raspberries. I *would* if I knew it would be on for sure.

I guess I'll just have to keep a lookout for it at other times on school nights. Thanks for the post. Raspberries are sure popping up "all over."

smile --Darlene

• 2 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to watch the Time-Life infomercial on Friday evening. Considering that "Go All the Way" was the first Raspberries' hit, I was a bit surprised to see Scott McCarl featured in the three second video clip. It must have been a tape of their last concert series in the '70s, but I don't have any idea of where it was taped. Yes, I agree that it was fun to watch. Gee, unless I missed it, Barry Williams hosted the infomercial, but I can't recall any of the Brady Bunch songs listed as part of this series. Hmmm, I wonder why "Time To Change" was not included in this Time Life collection? confused

The tape is a clip from the syndicated TV series "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert" which aired twice on that show in 1975 (March and August). Though the Kirshner gig was live (and that batch of 'Berries sounded more like Free singing "Go All The Way" live), Time-Life Music has chosen to use a clip from the show (Eric-Wally-Scott-Michael) and impose the original (Eric-Wally-Dave-Jim) "Go All The Way" recording over the clip.

Speaking of Barry Williams, he and Florence Henderson once did a God awful performance of Eric's "All By Myself" on TV (I remember him singing "all by myself" and her responding "all by himself" over-and-over until I flipped channels).

Don smile