Tongue In Cheek

Fellow Eric Carmen fans; I have a dilemma. I should first tell you that through the years of my continuous playing of EC music, my wife became a true Eric Carmen fan. She really is, she plays EC music in her car, and waited for hours with me to see him perform at the Ringo concert. Actually, she may like him better than his music, but that's another story. She always perks up whenever I have the picture of Eric on the Geffen album out. Anyway, a few weeks ago, my wife and I were watching some figure skating on TV. The skaters were introduced as performing to the music of Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto #2. Now, I happen to have known what that meant, so I asked my wife to pay attention to the music. When the piano solo was playing, I asked her if she recognized it, to which she replied, "Wow, he copied that". Now, she said this "tongue in cheek', but I kept my cool and explained that he borrowed a small piece of classical music and crafted a beautiful ballad, that has stood the test of time. I told her that Eric freely acknowledges this and I think he introduced many people to classical music. She continues to "tease" me about this.

My problem is; should she be punished in some way? Should I remove all EC music from her car for two weeks?

:huh:

• 2 months later...