More Airplay

darlene

Driving down the road this morning, Make Me Lose Control comes on "The Breeze 107.1," a New Jersey shore station, headquartered in Toms River and all kinds of points along the Jersey shore. I'm singing along, and at the end the announcer says, "Was that Raspberries? NO! But it was Eric Carmen, solo, with Make Me Lose Control." I got so excited, I nearly went off the road! Not only are Razz and Eric songs getting much more airplay, but now they're getting commentary from deejays! This isn't my imagination, because, before, even when they got airplay, there would be no comment afterwards, or something like, "Eric Carmen," mumbled softly. It seems that things are peachy-keen on the airwaves these days, too! Bernie and Dave from Cranbury (Lobsterlvr): Been listening to "The Breeze" lately? And have other people in different parts of the country noticed more airplay and commentary these days?

smile --Darlene

aaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm....aaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmm......aaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm.......

I.....formerly known as James......have converted to Darlenism......from here on I will be known as Muhammad Darli.......and will take all spiritual guidance from The Great One,.... The Darlenelama

aaaaaaaammmmmmmm......aaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmm

Must...............stay................on................the..................righteous.........path......................

Was...............warned............of...............earthly ..................devils...................like.................Tony Cartmill................who...............would................attempt................to ..............divert...............me

aaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm....................aaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm.......

Sunning on my deck today, I heard "Almost Paradise" on The Breeze. Eric wasn't singing it, of course, but EVERYDAY I hear something by Eric or Raspberries. I think they're getting the message. I haven't listened to my classical station since school let out. Oops--Beethoven WHO?

smile --Darlene

• 2 weeks later...

I was listening to Sirius radio on the drive home this morning, and imagine my shock and delight upon hearing the announcer mention Eric Carmen. The genre was "Symphony", so you can all guess the association. Yep, Rachmaninoff.

I was giddy with excitement when it all crashed. The announcer said Eric Carmen "STOLE" the tune for NGFILA, and what always irked him was that Eric NEVER gave any credit for the genesis of his song.

I nearly pulled the unit out of the dashboard with disgust(it was a rental car...). My chances of contacting this ignorant announcer are most likely very dim, but I'm going to try.

Anne