little poster

LobsterLvr

How did this happen? How have I gone from being one of the original rabid 1990's AOL message board inhabitants to someone who's only post 29 times on this message board? Compared to the rest of you I'm not much of a poster. I'm feeling so insignificant. (It's bad enough being Irish!) So Eric, in case you're reading this, remember, the measure of a good fan isn't by how many times they post a message, rather the message that they post. Dave

Dave, buddy, time to get a refill on that glass of lemonade! Sorry, starting to sound like Cartmill wink Seriously, I wish I had a computer when the AOL chat room was clicking and Eric was a contributor. That had to be fun. I think Eric is posting on the current board under the pseudonym "Marvin" eek Please, somebody stop me! Really, though, I think most of us are just trying to keep it interesting by swapping stories (and dreams, and lists, and on and on ) until the next big Eric news. And you have to admit, it's a pretty good group. Nobody's firing real bullets. This quality post brought to you by Kirk spin

Yep. the good 'ol days on AOL were something. It was a powderkeg of a message board with roughly half of the people on Eric's side and other half, well... I think some of them still don't believe it was Eric. For all of their verbal assault and battery they certainly hope it wasn't Eric.

Dave (and others from the AOL glory days) will surely remember one of Eric's more eloquent posts in response to a series of scathing comments (and I quote): "Bite me, Blinky."

Ahhh, those were the days :-)

Bernie

Marvin, Although Darlene and I live only about a mile apart we have yet to meet. I believe it's because of The EC Matrix Phenomenon. You see, while multiple EC fans can co-exist in cyberspace, no two fans can actually meet in reality. There are two exceptions. One is a live EC concert. And the other is Bernie's Summer BBQ.

(BTW, with this post I have now only 857 behind Darlene.) Dave

Bernie, In the old AOL days I was a lot more verbal than I am today. Back when a 16 baud modem felt like lightning we were all feeling the freedom of expression in a whole new way. We were like secret agents. Hidden in dark corners of our basements sending out anonymous messages into the night. For the first time we were expressing ourselves without the fear of discovery. In those days I was totally bi-polar. One day I'd be celebrating Eric and the Berries, the next I'd be making fun of his hair. Now, 8 years later, you all know who I am and where I live. And so does Eric. And if I say something to piss him off, he might not make another CD, he might never write another song, he might never perform live again...just to spite me!

In the anonymous days of the old AOL I didn't have those fears. I was just boldly going where few EC fans had gone before. Dave (another one down, 856 to go!)

Dave, I was in NJ over the Christmas holidays last year, visiting my in-laws, and Darlene and I made plans to get together. Unfortunately it didn't happen. Alos,it's nice to see that there's another fan out there who's willing to say what he feels (good and bad) about Eric.

MARVIN

Dave, your posts are great. In fact, I usually am wondering where you are, because I love to read them. I would assume you live within the actual town of Cranbury. My mailing address is Cranbury but I actually live in the town of Dayton. That's why we've never met. However, I frequent The Cranbury Bookworm, usually looking for great books on music. I'm sure you've been there. And Cranbury Hardware, occasionally, when my husband feels moved to fix something. I think it's the Methodist Church (or one of the churches) on Main Street that have Christmas caroling and an open house that we've been planning to go to one of these holiday seasons. Perhaps we'll see you there. (Wear a big "I'm Lobsterlover, the EC Fan" sign, and I'll wear my "Lemonade Girl" one!) Then we could convert the whole church to Eric-ism.

Meanwhile, I hope you post a lot more often. You may not be anonymous anymore, but we love you, no matter what you post.

smile --Darlene