Paul Is Dead 'Clues'

okstevens

Paul and John have different styles. Some people say John's songs are better ,but it just depends on their taste. I'm not a Beatles fan ,but I just think when Paul, John, Ringo and George played together,they could bring their songs to the bombastic level. Because all of them are incredibly great and talented. We don't need to compare their musical talent.

This is only my opinion.

Kazumi, maybe you can answer this for me. I saw you stated you're not a Beatles fan, I've never been able to understand this. I have a friend who also doesn't like the Beatles or Elvis, yet is a big music fan. When I've asked him why this is, he can't give me a straight answer. Although with him , he always liked lesser known artists and once they become popular he gives up on them.

I'm not questioning your tastes in music, it's that the Beatles we're so influential, thier style can still be heard in some of todays music.

It bugs the **** out of me when people put Paul down and give John all the credit for the Beatles. Greg is right: In the Beatles, Paul needed John and vice versa. They clicked in a way no two other songwriters ever have - even if they wrote a lot of the stuff separately.

Marvin

Definitely true-- I think it's fair to examine where the strengths lie and how the two made each other stronger. They truly worked off each other and really pushed the other to excell in places they wouldn't had the other person been absent. Not to mention, they also pushed each other to explore all the stuff going on around them (i.e. Dylan, Beach Boys, avant garde scene etc.) and take it all into consideration.

I'm one of those who like the Beatles, acknowledge

their influence on pop music and R&R., but have never really got deep into them other than buying the "Sgt. Pepper" CD and downloading "Nowhere Man" (my favorite) and "The Long and Winding Road".

I've never been a big fan of John's voice, Ringo's drumming, or George's guitar. All just above average musicians to me. Paul is the exception. But the Lennon/McCartney songs are the most influencial songs in the last 60 years by one group, I agree.

I think the problem is that my older brother's and sister, and the radio stations played those Beatles records so much as I was growing up (ages 3-10), by the time I was at the record buying age, I was worn out by the Beatles music. And to this day, I don't feel the need to go out of my way to hear those old classic songs.

But hey, The Beatles were great...I guess...I was just too young to get hooked like a drug.

I have to agree with Kazumi on this one - I never liked much by the Beatles, but I love music in general, and I love stuff by Eric, even though he takes a lot of his music styling from the Beatles. I guess some songs just move me and others don't, and not much that the Beatles ever did moved me the same way other songs have. Plus, being named after their crummiest song ever never helped the matter.

It's the same with Paul Simon. He got a lot of early influence from Bob Dylan, and he's said he always wanted to be Elvis. Well, I'm neither an Elvis or Bob fan, but I'm a massive fan of Paul's. It's just the way they take music and make it something special that makes me love it.

Michelle

Poor4Life - I didn't say "I don't like The Beatles." I have a lot of their albums and I admire their work. I really think they are great,but it doesn't mean I'm a Beatles fan. As you said, their style can still be heard in MANY of today's music and I believe it lasts forever. Actually many of my favorite musicians state that they are influenced by The Beatles.( Eric is one of them ) Because of this fact, I started listening to Beatles in order to find out what their musical root is. But I still can live without The Beatles. It's just not enough to make me fall in love with their music. That's all.

And to me, it doesn't matter they are popular or not, but I think your friend may feel the music sounds too commercial when they are in the main stream.

Kazumi smile