How Come Eric Snubs the Message Board?

bahoodore

I dawned on me this morning that on many,many message boards out there, particularly those of artists who are , or are near the " Where are they now files", make an effort to post from time to time. Unless Ricky is secretly posting under an alias, then I find it quite remarkable that he has not found a moment to post along some of our comments.

I've been able to communicate with many artists, producers and performers that have had much more world-wide exposure than Eric...

Perhaps he is busy putting together a knock-out double-album that will shut us all up for a while...

Bahoo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy this topic has been brought up by others. That studio Eric has been building in his house over the last century takes up a lot of his time. As well, his young family probably keeps him very busy, or maybe he feels that answering "Ask Eric" questions every few months is all the contact he needs with his fans right now. Only Eric knows. Hey, maybe this should be a question for "Ask Eric."???

Marvin

C'mon Pleeez....I have been renovating my house for 3 years...every single room...that's 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, two hallways, 2 living rooms, two kitchens, a laundry room and a friggin big enntrance....I also have 3 kids that require more and more attention as they get older ( trust me , it gets more and more demanding) I sing in a barbershop quartet, I am coach and program director for the choiur and V.P. Music and performance for the choir as well. I also cook , clean, do laundry, wash windows and spend the rest of my time with the lovely Lori.

I also find time to write musical arrangement, write a few tunes, play piano , learn new songs, work in the yard, exercise and sleep.

Puhleez....no time?...Gimme a break.

You know, even a little word once a week would be little to ask right?...

I'm pretty sure I fielded this question before. The last time Eric participated on a Message Board he did so in a big way -- posting dozens of messages daily. It was before EC.com and there was an Eric Carmen fan board over on America Online. Needless to say, it got ugly FAST. Not only did Eric come under uncalled-for personal attacks but he was also (believe it or not) thrown off of AOL because one of his "fans" complained to the board monitors. Some of this web site's regulars were there and are free to chime in.

That being said, there is nothing stopping Eric from posting here. Maybe one day he will.

Bernie

I think it's like...well...um...Eric is kind of like...um...an introvert personality...And now that he is set for life with "ABM" royalties...It is obvious he cares more about having maximum personal time and space than he does spending a little time with his loyal fans. And the old AOL incident is no excuse anymore. Maybe his wife threw out the computer back then because Eric was addicted to the internet like me. And he's afraid he'll neglect his family...Who knows?

"But hey, thanks for liking my music." frown

Bernie,

Thanks for clearing the air. What I gather from your very diplomatic response is that Eric's been burned and he has no intention of getting close to the fire again. Jeepers!...that answers it all for me. I guess courage is not one of his strong points. We'll have to live with his safe haven, Eric's Q&A. He's gone down yet another notch.

Tony, thanks for being the human Sandpaper.

Bahoo

Ok, i have to say something here.. i really don't get the negative feelings i'm sensing. I mean, i'm here to share my admiration for Eric with other fans, but does that mean he has an obligation to "share" his personal life with us? I really don't think so. I for one respect his personal privacy. It won't stop me from being a huge fan of his music for a long time to come...whether or not he chooses to "appear".

Marlene

As Bernie said, Eric was burned before, and we have had this discussion several times before (Bernie--maybe you ought to reconsider the fAQ section I suggested). Also, I think some people are grateful for whatever way Eric decides to support the site (I'm in that group), and I seriously believe that some would not be satisfied with any amount of participation. I guess that's just the way it's going to be. Kirk.

Hey, it wouldn't be any fun to come here every day without those darn Canadians stirrin' everything up!! happy

For the record, I am tickled to death to have this great place to come to. I LOVE getting to hear the MP3's, reading all of the great stuff that Bernie has for us, and interacting with everyone on the board. It was a real thrill when Eric answered one of my questions!

Thanks Eric for all of the great music and thanks Bernie for keeping it alive!!

--Julie

When I was at the Hall Of Fame show, Eric was available after the show for autographs and such. I'm not big on autographs (as a matter of fact. I think this was my first), but I decided to get in line and have Eric sign the program for my son who had just turned 10. I figured it would be a much bigger deal for a young boy who knew some of Eric's music. As I neared the table, I heard Eric telling Seattle Steve how good it was to meet him and that he enjoyed his posts on this site. I thought it was neat to know that Eric actually knows us from our posts. That's a big enough thrill for me.

Bernie...your retort was very clever and expected. From the immense tidal wave of comments, and Tony's Anti-Canadian remarks, I can see how people without a sense of humor could feel glib-accosted by such brilliant use of the english language.

I am the youngest of five bothers, there is NOTHING you can say or do to me that has not already been said or done. I also find humor in pretty much everything and feel that any discussion with good people, can turn to humor, even if the discussion is a heavy one.

This board really proves that it is possible to somtimes surrender your position and be thankful for the difference of opinions. For this reason alone, EC should not be afraid to jump in. I think this core group has proven that it IS possible to be a smart-ass sometimes, a hardhead the next, then generous, clever, creative and caring too. (unless of course we are talking about WD)

Now, the part of Tony loving Marvin is another issue. He sure is lovable, but at least I have had access to his amazing record collection. I have a good reason to love the guy.

To