Berries on Midnight Special?

MAM

Were the Berries ever on the Midnight Special? I know Eric was, but I can't remember if the Berries were. I just subscribed to the DVD collection of the show and I'm hoping one of the released episodes will be Berry good!

The Raspberries were on Episode 14 of "The Midnight Special" in 1973 performing "I Wanna Be With You" and "Let's Pretend."

Neat little history book on the show, "The Midnight Special, 1972-81," (VH1 Books/Pocket Books/Melcher Media, 1997) By B. R. Hunter has a complete episode guide to the show.

It was a fun episode hosted by Johnny Nash, which also had songs by Gladys Knight & The Pips, Chi Coltrane, Kenny Rankin and Tom T. Hall.

Besides Eric's solo appearances in 1976 and 1977, watch for episode #244 from 1977, hosted by Frankie Valli (of The Four Seasons), who sang Eric's "I Need You" on that episode!

Don Krider smile

http://www.epinions.com/content_74683551364

I don't remember where I got it, but I actually own the original signed contract for that performance. Their segment was taped on February 27, 1973 at the NBC Studios in Burbank, CA, and the band was paid $728 plus a 10 percent agency commission. A video DOES exist, so start writing to the folks that are releasing The Midnight Special DVD sets NOW!!! The two Eric solo songs on those DVDs are pristine with GREAT sound!

Bernie

Wahhh .... The Midnight Special people just contacted me this morning. No Raspberries to be released. baby

But, the set WILL include Eric doing All By Myself and Never Gonna Fall In Love Again.

That'll be great for sure .... but I sure would like to see the Berry episodes.

Hopefully the set will grow. The list they gave me of what's to come has an incredible amount of great performances. We just received the first one over the weekend. Great audio/video for sure.

Darlene : You don't know where you got it? My clients tell me that every day. Maybe I can trade you some Beatle studio bootlegs featuring Paul McCartney working up to the middle eight in Hard Days Night or John Lennon working up Yes It Is on acoustic guitar before he had all the lyrics. Don't know if I even have 'em or if I did, where I got 'em!!

You know it's funny....I made the above post in a playful manner and then read it later and thought - jeez, that sounds like a jerk, and I'm not really a jerk. And Darlene is such a good and musically astute person, which makes it worse. Sorry. I tried to erase it but my time elapsed.

Raspathens, That's okay--think nothing of it. I didn't take it that way. What I meant was, I don't remember if someone sent it to me or if I got it on eBay. I used to search for anything available on Raspberries or Eric when I first discovered eBay. I truly don't remember.

smile --D