Watch Billy Sullivan on TV!

Raspbernie

If you're around a television on Labor Day (Monday) at around 2:30 p.m. EST, try to find a live telecast of the MDA Jerry Lewis Telethon and you might see Billy Sullivan (Overdub extraordinaire) behind the drum kit with Gary Lewis & The Playboys. They're supposed to be on around the 18th hour. Set your Tivo!

Bernie

Excellent! I saw Billy a couple of years ago when he played a show not only with G. Lewis, but also Ron Dante, Andy Kim and several others. Imagine my surprise when I saw him with the 'Berries. Also imagine my chagrin that the good photos I had of the previous show (including a couple of Billy) were lost in what is now known as the great puter crash of October '04.

Repeat after me - do not delay in repairing your CD drive or whatever other means you use for backup! Got it? Learn from my pain.

*susana*

loving the surprise day off...but it's time for errands not being a bum

June, I didn't know either! No need to beat yourself up just because you don't know how many instruments somebody plays. I make that mistake all the time--even with people I've gigged with. Eric plays a mean set of drums, too.

I can play all kinds of intricate bowings on violin and viola, but don't give me drumsticks--I feel like I have twenty fingers on each hand just trying to hold them correctly! I can't imagine how drummers PLAY with them while holding them that way! Not to mention the hands and foot thing, the hi-hat, cymbals and all the other stuff. Forget it! I could never do it.

smile --Darlene

I happen to also love 60's oldies and I liked all the Gary Lewis hits (Catch "Girls In Love" with it's psychedelic Turtles' She's My Girl" production. It was done by the Turtles' team.) But even on those records-and he had the best people behind him -his singing was never much.Tune in tomorrow and I guarantee you won't believe how poorly "JERRY'S KID" sings-LIVE!-Ira.

If anyone is intersted in seeing some neat 60's bands as well as Gary Lewis live (Catch THAT voice-WHEW!) enjoy the following. Go to www.thebuckinghams.com click on concerts,click on the pretty psychedelic "60's Pop Rock Reunion" logo,pick your player, and enjoy 4 minutes taken from a March 2004 PBS special. Now I know from some of the postings I read on this website after the debut of the new "IWBWY" video on VH1 CLASSIC that some of you out there have incredible eyes-I don't. Is Billy Sullivan in either Gary Lewis' band or playing on the finale of this show? Eager to hear from you-Enjoy-Ira.

OK, I just talked with Billy and yes that is him in the video. This show was taped in Cleveland at Music Hall in August of 2003 and then aired on PBS in January of 2004. Regretfully, Billy does not have a tape of the performance so if anyone has one and can make a copy we would appreciate it. Paul Sidoti had already left so he is not in the video. As I spoke with Billy, he and his beautiful wife Debbie were walking down Rodeo Drive admiring all the things he can't afford. He said they have an early call tomorrow and is looking forward to the telethon. Back to Cleveland on Tuesday and Rehearsals starting for Atlantic City and the West Coast trip

Saw it, that sure was fun! Billy looked like he was having a great time, the whole band was smiling and seemed to be enjoying performing.

Thanks again for the heads up, Bernie!

And Matthew, my fiance Tom caught that 1964 misspeak by Gary, too. Don't know how you guys can remember all this stuff, I can barely remember what I had for lunch yesterday...

wink