1st record you bought?

John P

Rain Rain Go Away...Bobby Vinton's follow-up to Roses Are Red...Please Moderators...Don't throw me off the site...I really am no Beatlebum...just a sentimentalist.

I rebounded shortly afterward by showing impeccable taste and buying !SIXTEEN! 4 Season Singles in those pre-Beatles-nobody buys albums- days.-Ira.

First album I owned was "Meet The Beatles" that my parents bought for me. First album I bought with my own money? Get this trio all bought on the same day at Sears for a total of ten bucks....Billion Dollar Babies-Alice Cooper, Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player-Elton John, Raspberries (first)! First 45? I think "I'm A Believer"-Monkees.

First 45 was "downtown" by Petula Clark at a Ben Franklin's 5 & 10 store for 10 cents ( or a quarter)

I think the first album i got was "songs in the key of life" stevie wonder. My dad bought that for me. I think the first album I bought was "Back Home Again" by John Denver.

Record: Neil Diamond, not sure which one as I was busy collecting all of his

Concert: Beach Boys at the UC Greek Theater in Berkeley, 1979. I didn't buy the ticket - got dragged along by my older sister to this, and as a little kid, all I really remember is being far more impressed by the theater than by the concert itself. In fact, I thought they sounded terrible.

Record: Dizzy, Tommy Roe

Concert: Stampeders - Status Quo - Foghat, 1976, Vets Memorial, Columbus, OH...what a concert to blast off with!! This one has only been topped twice...Elton John, 1976 at Richfield Coliseum right outside of Cleveland...and Raspberries, Chicago 2005..

I started buying my own records in the fall of 1963.

First lp? Beach Boys, 'Surfin Safari'...as Surfin USA was completely sold out. First '45? Bought 4 at once actually... The Beach Boys, 'Be True to Your School'...Chubby Checker, 'Loddy Lo'...Cliff Richard, "It's All in the Game'...Bobby Vee, 'Yesterday and You' [which I think was subtitled Armen's Theme]

Heck I can even remember the FLIP/B sides...BBoys/'In My Room'...CChecker/'Hooka Tooka'...CRichard/'Your Eyes Tell on You' and BVee/'Never Love a Robin'.

'FIRSTS'...we [usually] never forget. After that...the picture starts to get very 'cloudy'.

First concert? Toronto Symphony Orchestra...1961 or '62...OKeefe Centre. First Rock 'n' Roll concert? Beach Boys...1965...Maple Leaf Gardens.