What song deserves a 2nd chance?

Julie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKSTEVENS, hEY! Elton John would do a great singing to the song, "Sunrise", I know that.

But, I was suggesting that particulair song on another compilation CD, with other songs that we mentioned and liked, I still cannot remember that song, that Bernie put up on the click a present song.

It was a great song that everyone participated on here about.

Here's a title, "Songs Against The Waves" the brand new 2004 compilation Cd with all the songs

talked about and mentioned on the ericcarmen.com

forum.

"Love Is All That Matters" is, to me, Eric's most beautiful song. That's saying a lot as it is on the same record as "Boats Against the Current" which is also a masterwork. I've always thought that "Love Is All That Matters" is a perfect wedding song and still deserves to be heard.

I think "Cindy In The Wind" with a title change ("Here Again" or "I Close My Eyes" or just "Cindy") deserves a FIRST chance to be heard. There are a bunch of country and pop artists that would benefit having that song on their next CD. Eric did a quick mix on that tune just for copyright protection, and the potential still shines through.

I fell in love with Barbra Streisand's voice in college, pre-Razz days (1966-68). I had never heard anyone sing with such emotion--her voice was just laden with feeling, and she could style a song like no one I had heard before. She's still my favorite female vocalist. My husband doesn't share my view though. He's stuck on her being "Left Wing Babs!" (Very funny, Tony!)

smile --Darlene haha

As for Celine, I believe she has talent, like Shania and so many others who just bloomed from a kid up, but I can't stand her screechy version of ABM. It sends chills up my spine like fingernails on a blackboard. However, thank God for her and her hit because it's been wonderful for Eric. That's all I care about. I'm sure Celine has done great things for charity and especially for the people of Canada, but she's so conceited that any attempt she makes to look down to earth appears very phoney to me. However, like I said, her ABM has given Eric's song so much exposure, I'm grateful to her for that.

smile --D

I too cannot stand Celine Dion ! it seems almost every song I've ever heard of hers she has to turn it into some big bombastic ballad where she can prove how loud she can sing. My sister-in-law is NUTS about her, and is even considering flying out to Vegas to see her. I told her "you want to see a real showman?, go see Elton instead!" As for Celine's version of ABM, I prefer Sheryl Crow's much, much better!

Darlene I'm interested in why you think that Celine is "conceited"?

As far as Shania goes, nothing was happening in her career until she hooked up with Mutt Lange. Check Mutt's history: every band/artist that he's worked with has had tremendous success. He knows how to write hit songs. I love using Bryan Adams' quote about Mutt. Bryan had his greatest success with the "Waking Up the Neighborhood" album - written and produced with Mutt. Recently when he was asked what he thought about Mutt's work with Shania, he replied: "Mutt could write a hit record for my mother."

Marvin