quiet bunch

susana

It does seem a little quiet lately. Maybe some of the regulars got sucked into the new website and couldn't find their way back out. I think I saw some bread crumbs by Eric's face on the monitor. Oh, wait, those were from my sandwich. I personally have given the L.A. chant a rest for now. Either the Raspberries get here or they don't. I can't see them not getting here, it's too big of a market to ignore. Just patiently (sort of) waiting...Kirk.

Still here. smile I guess I'm just in a space of time where there's nothing very exciting going on in my life that you'd all want to know about.... spin I've been sort of just lurking, reading everyone else's posts for a week or so....but, I'm not far away ! laugh Marlene

Hi, all! I apologize for having been away so long.

School is really popping with my two district orchestras, and have to do a lot of preparation at night for them. Also have been playing a lot of gigs, and have been tumbling into bed happy but very sleepy. Then this weekend, I spent all of it going through every closet in the house, trying to become more "minimalist" and cleaning them all... Working all day on Friday, about midnight Friday night I realized I couldn't straighten up very well from all the bending and stretching. I keep forgetting I'm not 24 anymore.

So, I'm back! You can find me in the chatroom...

smile --Darlene

I haven't been around for months!! Love the "new" site! It's awesome!

I'm getting married this coming Saturday!! I'm so excited and soooooo busy! Just haven't had time to hang around here. I've moved, quit my old job, started my new job and I'm just trying to get settled down! After the honeymoon, maybe I'll be back!

---Julie

I had a hard time getting in.My screen just said "Loading..." with a fuel gauge that did nothing.

After contacting Bernie, I got back in.

Hello everyone!

Yeah, Ive been kinda busy over here too.

The Band(s) have been working alot,and a NEW

day job is in the works for me.

As a sidelight to Gene's message, I caught the first set of Tequila Sunrise at Harrah's in St. Louis on Thursday night, and was very impressed. Paul (as we knew) is a fantastic guitarist and vocalist, and the versions of Hotel California and Life's Been Good were, IMHO, better than the original sources.

I strongly recommend seeing this band when and if they appear in your town.

Yes, I've been around too...it's spring break at our school, so...husband and I will be driving up to Atlantic City to help them pay their bills..ha ha! Wonder how far it is to Bernie and Kathy's? I love the new and awesome opening to this website, but wonder if the old New York, New York is in the archives somewhere (I wanted to show it to some friends who stopped by last night)

Counting the days till BBK..117.

Have a great week!

Robin

well - I've been more than a little busy, too...it feels good to be home for awhile! and I never thought I'd say that, road junkie that I am! it just struck me so funny on sat. nite when I was wide awake - several of us signed in and no one saying a word. glad we have come back to life...must be the moon phase...or tides...lol

hey, oldblue - wish I had known about tequila sunrise's STL date...I might have made the drive for it, especially since I have a friend in affton who I owe a celebration of sorts (she starts a new, much deserved, job on 4/1)...shame on me for being so busy I can't keep up with things.

susana,

I'll try to keep folks posted on situations in STL when possible - actually, (speaking of not keeping up with things) I had almost forgotten about the TS appearance until I noticed my scrawl on the calendar at the beginning of last week.

Speaking of St. Louis, a new venue has just opened up downtown: The Roberts Orpheum, formerly the American Theater, is a theater-type auditorium that seats around 1,500 - would seem to be an ideal size for a 'Berries concert. Got tickets to see Brian Wilson there on Aug. 24. Info is available at www.robertsorpheum.com. St. Louis' concert site options have really expanded in the past decade, especially with The Pageant and now the Orpheum. Credit Joe Edwards and the Roberts Bros. for their good work here.