Waukesha review

aggiesjc

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jen, there is no doubt. Eric's trimmed down and he's been hitting the gym. Good for him.

Question for those who attended. How did Eric do with the high notes in IDKWIW? I noticed that he's clear as a bell up high, but can't really get the vocal grit he had in his younger days. Was he able to growl? How did it come off?

MAC

Hi everyone! Great reviews and not sure what else to say. The guys were amazing as always. When I see these guys the feeling is unreal. It's hard to explain. I always leave just shaking with excitement!

Yes, it was a small crowd, but we had so much fun.

For me, the heat kept me from jumping around and dancing. I sat just melting in my chair. It was nice seeing old friends and meeting new ones smile

Thanks Hoss for the hat, it's very cute! Thanks everyone for signing the banner. I will catch others at future shows to sign it also. I know the guys were really hot and Jim hope your thumb is ok. Anthony was just tickled when you called out to him and gave him your stick wink You played like a maniac and the stick is really beat up( like your thumb)By the way cute pants! :P Erics voice is just getting better and better. *dreamy* Poor Wally had issues with his guitar, but continued to play cool Dave's voice also is just right on! Dave I loved the shout out to Phil. That was GREAT! So happy for you Phil! Pauly, Billy and Jen you guys the best! So nice talking to you. To the entire band we thank you so much for hanging out after the show! More later........

Have fun in Denver!

See you in Cleveland

G & A spin

Hey,

My first time posting so I hope this works. Last night's show was so great. I went with my sister Razzy and her husband Mr Razzy and Son Razzy. It was so nice to meet people that they had been talking about since Cleveland. This was my first Raspberries concert. I sure hope to be able to go to more of them. Thanks to Razzy for buying me that front row ticket! Thanks to Gina (I think) for the fan. Hope to see you guys again!

Razzy Sis

Enjoyed the concert last night...first time I'd seen them. This 'festival' wasn't anywhere near what we can put on in Wisconsin - although it was probably better than what I hear the first Summerfests were like (I went to my first one of those in '78 I think). I was surprised at how few people were there. Bunny

After discussing the concert over dinner, I think the band put a bit of an edge on their music. I liked it, it was a bit more hard rock and roll. Their voices were raspier,louder, wilder... definitely a thumbs up, the songs sound great this way. My 17 year old son did show up for the concert after some coercion, and he now plans on joining us for the Cleveland concert. All I can say is ROCK ON.

Mrs. C.

Thanks to everyone for such great, detailed reviews of the Waukesha show. Raspberries were indeed among friends, and it sounds like they not only knew it, but loved every second! I have no doubt the vocals were breathtaking--typical Raspberries. And the "party atmosphere"...well THAT'S very "Raspberry" as well. The guys always just LOVED playing for a crowd--ANY crowd, and every show was always just one big party, with INCREDIBLE music! Yep, they're back again, in full force, only better than ever!!! Everyone is agreed that the shows just keep getting better and better. The first year of any festival is going to be dicey, because the "promoters" of the festival often don't know how to promote one yet. I'm sure the festival promoters will learn from their mistakes for next year. Great to hear that everyone had such a grand time. I envy you all. BUT...it was NOT an accident that the big storm held off until the guys just finished their show. Like I said, good weather ALWAYS smiles on Raspberries!

smile --Darlene

Thanks so much to everyone who posted about the Waukesha show--I feel like I was there! (wish I HAD been...)The pictures on Kay's site are FANTASTIC!!! Every one of the guys looks great! For a first festival, it sounds like there were enough people. I always LOVED the smaller, intimate venues anyway, because the band "hung out" and walked around. It sounds like they are back in the groove of doing that, too! So glad for everyone who got a shout-out and/or got to hang out with the band. There is definitely something to be said for small crowds and venues!

Congratulations, Raspberries and Overdubs!

They are definitely loving this and gearing up for Denver, Cleveland and New York! YESSSSSSS!!!!!

smile --Darlene