Raspberries in Los Angeles

LC

We were standing a few feet infront of the P.A. system dead middle in Los Angeles. I thought the sound was much "meatier" than New York and I thought Smalley's bass and Jims drums were projecting much better than in New York. The vibe of the room was good I thought, it was packed and I was glad to see all the younger people. It was a shame about the video, but really once they started playing it was long forgotten.

I envy all of those who were at the LA show. I wish I could have been there.

When the sound system malfunctioned at the Cleveland Scene Pavilion, someone said the band felt that Cleveland was like a curse--that something always goes wrong there, when they want it to go so well.

It sounds like Los Angeles has replaced Cleveland with its list of graemlins. I don't think either place is a problem--because Raspberries performed brilliantly in both venues. And the recording from LA is gonna be spectacular...

smile --Darlene

The opening video montage was an amazing part of the show and very emotional for me. To see the images of young, playful Raspberries brought back that whole time of my life for me, set my heart going pitter patter and brought tears to my eyes. As the vidoe progressed through their career, then the "THEY SAID IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN"..."THEY WERE WRONG!" came up, a "RASPBERRIES" rolled across the screen and then a big "TONIGHT" flashed on and off, the screen rose and THERE THEY WERE, in the flesh, playing I Wanne Be With You, well, if you didn't get to any of the shows and didn't see the montage, you can totally imagine how absolutely thrilling that opening was.

The malfunction of the video in LA was positively depressing for people I talked to who had seen it and wanted everyone to experience it also. It was put up awhile ago by Bernie as a surprise, and he may put it up again for those who didn't get to see it. (Hint, hint, Bernie!)

I saved it with Quick Time to my laptop. Amazing how school work doesn't seem to make it to my laptop, but everything Raspberries and Eric Carmen does... wink

smile --Darlene