Brian Wilson / Beach Boys / Capitol Records rooftop TODAY, June 13..

They said it would never happen; but all five surviving Beach Boys -- co-founders Brian Wilson, Mike Love, David Marks and Al Jardine, along with longtime member Bruce Johnston -- will appear together on Tuesday (June 13th), on the rooftop of Capitol Records' Los Angeles headquarters. Co-founders Dennis and Carl Wilson died in 1983 and 1998, respectively.

The event, which commemorates the sales of over two million copies of the group's hits compilation Sounds Of Summer: The Very Best Of The Beach Boys, will mark the first time Wilson, Love, Jardine and Johnston have appeared in public together in nearly a decade. In addition to the group being awarded their platinum albums, Capitol Records will be unveiling the artwork for a commemorative Beach Boys anniversary CD and vinyl titles to be released later this year.

In a LAUNCH exclusive, Al Jardine said that the group has been amazed by the album's unstoppable success: "We've been delighted and surprised in the weekly sales figures and they're beyond

comprehension -- and they're showing no sign of slowing down!"

Jardine said that being with the guys on their old stomping grounds just might be the thing needed to get them all to finally commit to

reforming: "We're going back to our roots. It is a reunion. It's a beautiful thing."

I have heard Brian, in person, state that he was not interested in playing again with his old band...then again, America loves 2nd acts, and 3rd acts.. enjoy. Marc

Actually, there's another surviving Beach Boy, David Marks, who replaced Al J. for awhile and, I believe, was on their first 3-4 albums. He then rejoined them later, when Carl was out, due to cancer. He's still around and making music, and I wonder why he wasn't invited?

They said it would never happen; but all five surviving Beach Boys -- co-founders Brian Wilson, Mike Love, David Marks and Al Jardine, along with longtime member Bruce Johnston -- will appear together on Tuesday (June 13th), on the rooftop of Capitol Records' Los Angeles headquarters. Marc

This is amazing news!!!! as much as I'm not a fan of Mike Love and most recent incarnations of the "Beach Boys"... I'm very happy to see this bridge mended... It will hopefully make Brian more content and happy...

Was Mike wearing his "Guru Robes" from that particularly annoying 70's period when he pretended to be sensitive-or his "Cap" and "Hawaiian Shirt" worn out -like alot of us guys hidin' a liitle gut and too little hair.

On that front I actually sympathize with Mike.-Ira.

I was doing my Marvin imitation wink Just kidding, Marv! I was going to post something on the Raspberries being next to announce something new from the Capitol records building, but then I remembered I already made that prediction before the Raspberries reunion started! Then my lemonade started to get warm, and I left the room for some ice. Must have been the warm lemonade smile Kirk.

You guys can blab all you want, but you'll never top what Kirk said.

Hey Kirk, did you bottle whatever it was you took before that post? I'd like to give some to a couple (or 100) ladies I know wink

How does that song go?

"You say it best, when you say nothing at all..."

Every girl over at Sugar's Soda Shoppe should wear tight T-shirts with that line printed on them! :p

The Beach Boys have probably used hundreds of musicians in their live shows over the years, and in the studio. My earlier comment about Blondie C. and Ricky F. was only half facetious....they were listed as official members of the band on "Holland" and "Carl & The Passions - So Tough," and Blondie sang lead on several of the songs....unlike Stamos, Glen C., various Cowsills, Blaine, Carol K., Jeff Foskett, etc.

My guess is that the Capitol Building reunion will be a one-shot deal, much like the dedication ceremony last year, when Al, David M. and Brian got together to help put a plaque/marker on the former site of the Wilsons' old house in Hawthorne. Brian and Al were quite cordial, but both stated afterwards that they weren't likely to ever work together again, due to various legal issues....the latest being Brian's lawyers apparently intimidating Brian's daughters, to the point that they quit Al's band (Al Jardine & Family & Friends, or whatever they were calling themselves...).

Brian was/is a pop music genius; the Beach Boys, arguably the greatest American pop/rock band. I do recall in a conversation with Brian a few years ago that he had no intention of playing with the "old guys" anymore. Still, $$$ is a great motivator; even a guy like Lennon, who professed at times not to be interested in worldy possessions, seemingly always was concerned about the $$$. Time will tell about Brian & Co...it always does. Marc

well, uh... i know we're talking about 'extraneous' beach boys, but...

hal blaine kicks john stamos' ASS on drums and was inducted into the rock & roll hall of fame. carol kaye should be. you can thank them for 'pet sounds' as well many other beach boys recordings sounding the way they did.

i guess this falls under how important george martin was to the beatles. sir george has always been MY personal choice for '5th beatle'.

hal & carol had key roles in developing those landmark records that earned brian 'genius' status for breaking the rules.