Paying for THE BOOK

I will be sending e-mail instructions to everyone who pre-reserved a copy of ERIC CARMEN: MARATHON MAN tonight. There will be options for paying by PayPal (credit cards will be accepted), check or money order. Heck, I'll even take cash (but I'm not resposible if your mailman can't be trusted :-) It took a while to calculate postage to different parts of the world (Thank you for ALL of the orders, Japan -- Eric loves you and now so do I!)

Here's the cool part: in addition to saving big bucks on the publication price by ordering and paying in advance, I'll be offering a number of presents, one each week or so, to every person who pays for their book. I mean, you gotta have something to do while you're waiting for the book, right? These presents will be super special songs, demos, videos, etc, that have not appeared here before and will never appear here again. I'll be choosing things that I'm sure will put smiles on the faces of Eric Carmen fans everywhere!

Here's the catch: You can only get the presents that are available. Those who pay immediately will have access to each of the gifts as they are distributed. If you wait three weeks to pay, you'll miss some of them. If you wait six weeks to pay, you'll miss more. Cool idea, right? Hey, I *do* have a background in marketing!

Anyway, these "presents" will not be available to the general public and will be my special gifts to you guys for helping make the book possible. I only ask that anyone who pays for and receives the special files agrees not to distribute them to non-buyers of the book. That way, we can all share in the common bond of being supporters of this great project together!

Thanks again in advance, and look for your e-mail tonight.

Bernie

Bernie-

Awsome. I have been a fan of Eric since his days playing the Cyrus Erie in North Ridgeville. I can't wait for tonight or the book.

The book sounds fantastic. Thx for all your hard work along with eric's cooperation.

You are to cool Bernie.

E.C. has a true friend and an excellent web site administrator. You keep this site updated, Shake it up a little, have a great imagination (like making the site black and white for the Beatles) and now these special prizes.

If I did'nt live so far away from you I would love to go to one of your Summer parties and have Raspbernie tea, have "American as apple pie", stay outside until the "Sunrise" but not be "All by myself".

I think Elton needs to change his song to Bernie and the jets in honor of you.

Tony,

It honestly took me a bit of time to figure out what to do with the postage. This 400-plus page hardcover is gonna be HEAVY! I ultimately decided that most people would prefer that their limited edition personally autographed hardcover book arrived QUICKLY via Priority Mail and be PACKAGED SAFELY. That was probably the right decision. Plus, PayPal takes a nice chunk of each online sale for themselves (and they didn't have to write SQUAT!) Still, I can send yours via book rate if you don't mind a mangled copy that'll show up at yer doorstep sometime in September :-)

Bernie

PS: All profits derived from extra postage will be used for stocking up on Darlene's lemonade for the next Eric Carmen fan get-together :-)

Bernie, I buy and sell hundreds of books on eBay and don't mind your shipping fee one bit. A book of this quality, significance and weight deserves better than media mail delivery. Plus, I'm all too aware of how PayPal takes a substantial cut, and think you were clever in considering that.

Jennifer

Got the bonus. Nice! But it's one I already stole out of Eric's vault. It is a decent production for it's time. Bernie, what do you think about the other recorded version verses this one? I can't wait to read about that time when Eric was a young pup in the biz.

Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie that book!

Bernie,

Just saw your post today! That's super news, but I reserved the signed book and didn't receive your 5/21 email with purchasing instructions!

I sent you an email today. Please check your email at your earliest convenience. Thanx!

All The Best,

Joyce Marie crying