Soundstage In Chicago

blackhawkpat

There used to be a great television show on public broadcasting in Chicago called "Soundstage" in the 70's and 80's. Local disk jockey Steve Dahl (famous nationally for his Disco Demolition promo) is ressurecting the show in an effort to promote HDTV.

The show is an hour long and feaures an artist with an intimate setting performing their hits. Tonight starts the first taping and former Styx keyboardist Dennis Deyoung is the initial guest.

I can think of no greater guest for this show than Eric! I also know from past discussions with Steve Dahl that he was a big fan of The Raspberries and said he met Eric when he worked for a station in Detroit many years ago.

I hope that Eric' representatives read this and consider contacting Steve for this long overdue venture!

To answer the last few questions:

Yes, the shows will appear on local Chicago channel 11. There are 13 one hour shows expected to be taped for the series and the first airing is scheduled to run in the summer of 2003.

I'm not sure where the tapings are being done at, but there is a hotline number (773/279-2111) to leave a voice message to be added to future mailings about the show. (I left my info a week ago and haven't heard anything yet.)

They also just added an email address of: soundstage@networkchicago.com ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you say: ERIC, ERIC, ERIC, ERIC?

"The show is an hour long and feaures an artist with an intimate setting performing their hits. Tonight starts the first taping and former Styx keyboardist Dennis Deyoung is the initial guest."

Sounds like some o the stuff VH1 has done. I always thought Eric would be great on unplugged or especially Storytellers, something akn to what Billy Joel did.

I think we should do an

e-mail campaign much as we did for VH1 behind the music. Just copy = paste = and ask for Eric. Hey maybe he'll do that "Devil" song!---Sorry I just can't help myself sometimes--I guess the Devil made me do it. (if I hadn't said that, one of you would)

Anyway my E-mails on the way as soon as I finish here.

JIM