Bad News....

Brian

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark H.:

Sorry, Mate, you're missing the point. There is no question (or debate about DUI)...tend to yours....he will figure his out....all I'm saying, is at time of great challenge...these diatribes are pointless (and sad). I am not a "poster" but this has been very disturbing.

Oh, Mark...You might have a point. But you just can't fly by ec.com, cast judgement on all of us loyal fans, then fly away unchallenged like some...Hollywood actor. :rolleyes:
AAAHHHHH! The ol' FBNP's!!! Fly By Night Posters!

AH HA...I found the answer:

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine.. and those who don't. As Ben

Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in

water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated

that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we

would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) -

bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of

poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila,

rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a

purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poop,

Wine = Health ,

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink

water and be full of shit .

There you have it.....

Mellie, at one time in my life, I used to drink at least a quart of milk a day---in the summer I would drink more than that. Also, at that time I was working at an ice cream parlor, where I would get free ice cream.

Now think of that, plus having pizza(which has lots of cheese on it)often after work. That's a of milk products!

Of course, I didn't realize it it the time, but I was doing some bad things to myself, from all that milk.

There was a point I would be getting frequent bleeding, which wouldn't go away. At that point we all suspected that I may have colon cancer, so I ran through the tests.

As it turns out, I had developed a really extreme case of what is now called "lactose intolerance".

After all that long periods of large amounts of milk in the system, something had to give.

Right then, I stopped drinking milk. So going from 8 glasses a day to zero. Also cutting the amount/frequency of other milk products across the board.

Seemed to do the trick. I get enough milk from cheese and butter......I don't drink milk at all anymore, and have ice cream occasionally.

Yes, Art, you can definitely OD on milk. I am living proof!

Quote:
Originally posted by John P:

Just to make something positive out of this, with Eric's name in the media perhaps it means of a possibility of a increase in record sales of his solo/Raspberries catalog.

I seriously doubt that this incident is going to

increase record sales.

It worked for Amy Winehouse. Even got her a Grammy.

In Hollywood, one of the most true sayings from filmmakers is "Bad publicity is better than no publicity at all.

Eric...you need a dog....unconditional love...Always happy to see you....when I donated my gall bladder to science a couple years ago and had the BIG CUT.....who was there to greet me at the door? and who was up in the chair kissing me up? Bailey Pete & Bug....thats who!

Those of you who know me also know I am never at a loss for words, verbal or written. I am not at a loss now, just intentionally keeping it short.

Eric, you and your music have been a part of my life for - well, the majority of my life. The small bit of you I know of you in addition to the music is a person I could grow to like very much. But you already know that.

That said, I am here. Whatever the extenuating circumstances, whatever the circumstances at hand...as always, you have my support. All you have to do is reach out.

tiene cuidado, erico.

tu susana

Here's a thread someone started on the Steve Hoffman music forum about Eric. Take a look at the comment made by "Rockerbox" on page three. Based on a visit from 8 years ago (when he says Eric had his first DUI) , this guys making an assumption Eric is a full blown alchoholic.

Further down I let him have it (Im Music4Life there) This is what really gets me. Misinformation, and the irresponsible assumptions being made.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=160361

Jeff

I loved Kirk's post (page 10 of this thread) in which he pointed out that along with Eric's musical gift comes a sensitivity that means he feels things with especial acuity. He's right.

I believe Eric is still reading posts and I'm sure he appreciates every expression of support, like the one Kirk ended that post with. Offering support is the best thing each of us can do now.

smile --Darlene

Here's a thread someone started on the Steve Hoffman music forum about Eric. Take a look at the comment made by "Rockerbox" on page three. Based on a visit from 8 years ago (when he says Eric had his first DUI) , this guys making an assumption Eric is a full blown alchoholic.

Further down I let him have it (Im Music4Life there) This is what really gets me. Misinformation, and the irresponsible assumptions being made.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=160361

Jeff

Jeff, I think the thread was removed.

I registered, logged in to read your comments, found the thread - but there was nothing there. Whatever you said, I'm glad you jumped in to set him straight. Misinformation is a viral thing.

Tim

Eric can't kick the cigarette habit when he's known for years it will shorten his life. Now he can't stop drinking the booze before/while driving home?...

I guess he's not looking forward to hangin' with the grandkids. frown

At least he's left an unforgettable legacy...I was hoping for a few more new tunes to add to his imortality, but...I guess "Happy Hour" is calling.

What a bitch I am today...Gee, I hope Mark and Don don't get mad. :p