Bad News....

Brian

Good people can let there hair down certain nights, shouldn't drive, but doesn't mean any problem.

I don't begin to have enough facts to even make a judgement, until so, I support Eric, he made a mistake, doesn't mean he has a problem.

Steve,

A open half bottle of vodka in the car sounds like a problem to me.

Trindy,

Like Marvin stated..well said on your part.

Jeff

Sorry, Mate, you're missing the point. There is no question (or debate about DUI)...tend to yours....he will figure his out....all I'm saying, is at time of great challenge...these diatribes are pointless (and sad). I am not a "poster" but this has been very disturbing.

Oh, Mark...You might have a point. But you just can't fly by ec.com, cast judgement on all of us loyal fans, then fly away unchallenged like some...Hollywood actor. :rolleyes:

Oh, Mark...You might have a point. But you just can't fly by ec.com, cast judgement on all of us loyal fans, then fly away unchallenged like some...Hollywood actor. :rolleyes:

Thank you Mr. Cartmill!

I have been thinking how it seems that this news has flushed out so many of these folk who have been "members", at least on-the-books, for 2 or 3 years... even longer... and have had nothing to say... (Sorry "friend", if you post 4 times in 4 years... 30 times in 6... you either have nothing to say or you've never felt we were worthy of sharing with... )

Now suddenly it's like... "Oh Wow... ERIC CARMEN got in trouble... and I am a member of his website... Now.. what is that password... oh yeah... (dumbass)... that's it... now I can go and act like I have the right to throw a stone or two... and get noticed saying something... when I have not been supportive of the man in the least in the past... nor associated with him and his fans and friends...

madangrymadangry

Sorry... insomnia brings out the worst in me... cool

Well we certainly disagree Mark. Why would these discussions and thoughts be worthless...there have been some excellent points made. Many thought that Eric would have straightened this problem out after the first episode.This is EC.com , and there are people more concerned with Eric's well being than in most other places.You find this concern for Eric "disturbing"? I find two DUI's in two years "disturbing". We'll just disagree on what merits being disturbed about. I guess you also have the right to be "sad" about the concern this board has for Eric...I think that is a strange emotion to have when reacting to a board that obviously cares about the man.

I just wanna say that I'm glad nobody's hurt so far in this case and I hope this is a good lesson to everyone. You should not drive when you had one drink too many, never!. I got a car accident at one night a few years ago, I was not drunk but I was very sleepy at that time, I also wasn't in the right condition at that time to drive safely, but after all it was a good lesson to me.

I, too, have been noticing those who have been coming out of the woodwork now that there's a negative news story. Nothing was said during the positives like the concerts and the DVD? Only the scandal gets the attention? And WE'RE the ones who are 'sad'?!?! Friends are there all the time and celebrate the great stuff with you and then hold you up through the painful stuff. They don't pick and choose or come and go. They're more important than that.

Read through the posts again. No one here has been talking to a celebrity on this thread. Quite the contrary. We're talking one on one to a beloved friend. If those of you criticizing think we're making fools of ourselves then so be it. I'd stand on my head like a court jester if it would reach Eric! I have reached out to any number of people on this board when they are in pain or crisis. They've done it for me. Now it's Eric's turn again. This place is full of exemplary people who function as a family. Tend to our own? WE ARE!

As a sensitive person myself,I've found a book and internet site helpful to understand the trait and acknowledge the gifts and heartbreaks that go along with it.Called "The Highly Sensitive Person"by Elaine Aaron,it states the observation that changes in life,such as the loss of a loved one,really shake sensitive people up,more so than what others would experience. Knowing that Eric's father died last year and the troubles he's had since then sort of illuminate that. Take care.

Hit when he's down, now that's the ticket! Listen to yourselves...you're right...I had nothing to say. I was thoroughly enjoying the experience until I heard the news, oh boy, and saw much of the self-righteous commentary, and thought "wait a minute...what a bunch of fair weather friends!!!"

I'll go back to where I've been, unless some idiot calls me a dumbass again

Where has anyone "hit Eric when he is down? Please point out that post. "Self righteous"?

Seems to me many have told of their own experiences with the same problems. There are many who would take your position as one of an enabler. Of course Im not the arbiter of what's is the proper response to this situation. Neither are you.

Hit when he's down, now that's the ticket! Listen to yourselves...you're right...I had nothing to say. I was thoroughly enjoying the experience until I heard the news, oh boy, and saw much of the self-righteous commentary, and thought "wait a minute...what a bunch of fair weather friends!!!"

I'll go back to where I've been, unless some idiot calls me a dumbass again

Fair weather friends would be bailing out right about now... not wanting to be associated or willing to admit that we all have flaws and failings.

Then again, a friend who only shows up for a tragedy or a funeral seems more like a vulture than a friend...

"Call me idiot... call me dumb ass... just don't call me late for dinner... wink "

I am shocked by all this, by that video - that Eric is involved so publicly. I live in a country which is s**t hot on drunk driving - you just can't do it and expect to get away with it anymore.

What we don't know is why this happened and what the circumstances were and no amount of surmising will change that. Eric was very lucky that he only hit a hydrant. No doubt he will be feeling very embarrased and there will be issues that will flow from it I'm sure.

What I do know is that we have been spoiled by being able to participate to such a wonderful degree in Eric's life by this website and maybe it has been a reality check to find out that Eric, after all, is human and has his faults like we all do.

What I do know too is that no matter what happens, Eric's music will always be a part of me and I thank him for that precious gift.

So I say let's give the man some space and judge him if we must by how he decides to respond to this.

Gary

Is it me or hasn't anyone noticed that some of the most critical comments (regarding Eric's situation and the comments of other posters) are coming from board members with thousands of posts.....You think Eric has "problems", look in the mirror my friends!!! We all got skeletons in our closets and issues that only we know about...offer support, advice, make fun of the situation if you must (it's an "open" forum)....but that

Holier-than-thou attitude should cease!!!

My point is and I guess I should have been a little more specific is that some of you have an "addiction" to this website (or the internet in general). That's probably a topic for another thread for the "serial posters" of EricCarmen.com

Internet "addiction" is an issue, like any other addiction....it affects the quality of life of those close to you.

Not that it has offically been determined to be a legitimate disorder but someday it might be:

Here's a link:

http://psychcentral.com/netaddiction/

I love EricCarmen.com and everyone here....and my intention isn't to take shots at anyone (especially you, Marvin, I really think you are a great guy!)

My point is that Eric's problem is public and now out in the open but for all of you critics..."look in the mirror", let he who is without sin cast the first stone!!!!

Uh Harry - the point is we are allowed to express our opinion on this and other issues... It's better than not saying anything and ignoring what's going on around you like wearing "rose colored glasses" in regard to this topic. Yeah we all have flaws and some pretty large.. and we all have an opinion.. we are all human - period.

In that case Harry, maybe you should apply your last sentence to yourself? Heh...posting alot on a internet music board may mean you have alot to say, as opposed to lurkers, or possibly those that just don't have much to contribute.

BTW Harry, you are a bit more likely to harm yourself or someone else by getting drunk and driving a car that by making a lot of posts on a internet message board.I'll be waiting for your stats about internet posting fatalities.

No offense taken Harry (I think you're a great guy also!), I see your point as well as Bob's ("This is a personal matter for Eric. I say everyone butt out of it, including the well-intentioned fans"), but this again is a website devoted to Eric and his music. Therefore it becomes a repository for the fans to express their opinions on matters musical and otherwise. Right now, THIS is the ONLY thing happening in Raspberries land, and naturally the fans have an opinion.

hi to everyone - new or old poster, platinum numbers or bronze number of posts, fan, groupie or personal friend of Eric's:

it is clear to all of us that we are upset by recent events. we have spent a lot of time together with the "boys" rocking to the music and enjoying conversations with them as well.

We have formed some great friendships too.

If we didn't CARE, we wouldn't be so invested (and opinionated about!) in Eric, his family, Jim and his family, Wally and his family and Dave and his family, the Overdubs, and the extended Crew and their families.

No one is going to have "unconditional" support for a drunk driver no matter his/her status, job, or relationship. But I also don't cut people off for behaving uncceptably. I'm just here in this thread with all of you because you can identify with how I am feeling and I need to share this with people who understand.

Let's not say anything that would prevent a joyful reunion.

heartpumpheartpumpheartpump