Bad News....

Brian

I had 2 DWI's myself back in the 80's...The second coming 1 year after the first...It was the second one...the one i view as my second chance...that made me change my ways...

I used to drink...and when i drank...i drank a lot...That's a bad thing...but it's even worse if you're driving a car...

I hope Eric works his way through this...I believe that he will come back to us stronger and wiser...None of us are perfect...Just because he's a celebrity...just because he's someone we love and respect...doesn't mean he's not subject to the trials of life that can touch us all.

I'm with you Eric...I've been there...and i know it's not easy to get through...But you will...and you will be a better man when you do.

The quote that scared me the most was "Police also said they pulled a half empty, open bottle of Grey Goose vodka from the front seat."

With the help of his family and friends, I hope he can take this chance and make the most of it. Right now it will just cost him some embarrassment and a lot of money, but he has a chance now to turn in the right direction and live another 40 healthy, happy years.

Thoughts and prayers from Wisconsin... pray

Tim

just the fact that bernie has not deleted this thread tells me that eric needs to "hear" our support and encouragement...thx bernie for allowing us to "try in our own ways" and help eric.

I understand the need for everyone to have a place to let out your feelings. This thread will remain open to provide that place.

I was thinking earlier of the millions on the planet that would love to be in his shoes.

No matter what the issue is, that's possibly bumming him out or whatever, the upside to his life is 100 times greater than any downside.

None of us have perfect lives. If something isn't just right, it will change.

Change is constant.

Best spelling of the word: lIFe. Our choice.

Thanks Bernie for understanding because this is the ONLY place our Eric/Raspberries community can turn to when something so upsetting happens in our Eric world. There is always tons of support for both and the good and bad times. Sometimes things are said we don't want to hear but it's usually done with good heart and good intentions. That's why this Website is the Best!!! I know this can't be easy or very fun for you either. So thanks again Bernie for keeping the lines of communication open so that we all have each other to get through this unpleasant time.

Eric, I've been praying for two days to find the right words and still can't so I'm just gonna say what I've got to and hope you can really feel my intent.

I have very strong, personal feelings on all of this. I've spent the past 15 yrs raising a son, Brian, with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and cocaine exposure. For 9 mos his mother pickled his brain and nervous system in substances. When he was born and she discovered the problems he had she abandoned him in the hospital saying she couldn't handle it. He was never expected to live to 1 yr --- he's 17. We spent years round the clock cathaterizing him, doing bladder irrigations, hooking up IV antibiotics, homeschooling in the hospital room, and pulling overnighters in ER. I have had hospital personnel who wouldn't even touch him so my daughter, Laura, and I would have to draw his lab specimens. Alcohol dramatically impaired his body. It will yours, too. He used to ask me why she did this to him. I told him she needed help and wouldn't get it. Don't make your kids ask why you let alcohol affect them. This has hit me so incredibly hard it feels just like a crisis in my family. Why?

When I met you in Cleveland I told you that I only wanted a moment of your time to tell you one thing. I looked you straight in the eyes and I told you that "I love the singer, I love the musician and songwriter, but most of all I love just Eric. I love the guy who just talks to us about what's on his mind." You looked me in the eyes and said I was amazing for what I've done and still do with my family. I'll probably never know what you saw in my eyes that night but yours softened into the sweetest smile, you motioned me towards you and said, "Come here", and you just held me. I've never been able to tell you what you did for me that night. Things were not going well with Brian and I was not feeling amazing. I was feeling so beaten and worn. I felt like such a failure. But you got it and you believed in me. Later that night in our hotel room John and I were very choked up. John said, "Everybody was so good to you tonight. I'm so glad you got to meet Eric. This has changed you forever." He knew I had finally found someone I loved and respected who understood what I was about. I'll have to tell you at another time the changes you've brought about in me due to that meeting. It had been a long time since anyone believed in me.

Now it's my turn. Your face lit up when I mentioned the board. You talked about what a fun place this is and how great everyone seems. I don't believe there's a person here that wouldn't reach their hand out to you so I'll start. DON'T GO THE OTHER DIRECTION!!! Say "help" and I'll be the first one there to hold your hand. Say "I need to talk" and I'll be available day or night. I still love and believe in Eric. I'll do anything it takes to make YOU do anything it takes! All you have to do is reach out and I'm here.

I encourage everyone else to tell Eric the difference he's made and to offer to make a difference in return. Help him take the negatives and find a way to turn them into positives.

All the words i had read here in this thread have made me think...about a lot of things...this is what came to my mind...i think maybe there are more than a few of us that feel this way...I'm not done yet...But these words are the best i can offer right now.

something i realized

has torn me up inside

as morning turns to late...late afternoon

all the dreams i had...

the good...the sweet...the grand

there's really not much chance they'll all come true

it hit me hard

it laid me flat

this could be

my last comeback

if no one wants to hear my latest tune

the saddest thought of all

though the dream still comes to call

i'm just too old to ever walk the moon

kathy lee,that was amazing..and to bernie,you made the right call,as i thought you would at this time..eric,you got so much love here it still amazes me today..do you realise how lucky you are,not just to be alive,but have a beautiful family and a message board that will bend over backwards for you in YOUR time of need..this is about you eric as a person,husband,and dad..not just the artist that you are..i think everyone will agree w/this..do'nt hang your head in shame,today you can't reverse what happened the other day,but today,look yourself in the mirror and say..today,i will change..i did it the other night,and i will not look back,just forward..we support you and love you,that's why some "tough love" exists..lol,chris

Eric,

I've read some of these posts, and while they may seem harsh, it's only because everyone here truely cares about you.

Please, please,PLEASE get help, for whatever demons are torturing your soul. Too many of my musical heroes have passed on because of bad choices. I don't [want] to see your name added to that list.

My thoughts are with you, peace...

Jeff

I say leave the man alone. The last thing you want is notiourity. I know the hours don't jive but for example just about everybody that comes out of a bar at closing would blow over the limit. He was just caught, he's famous, he's under the Cleveland microscope. The mistake is judgement, don't leap to a problem. Millionaires should take limos or taxis, agreed. Good people can let there hair down certain nights, shouldn't drive, but doesn't mean any problem.

I don't begin to have enough facts to even make a judgement, until so, I support Eric, he made a mistake, doesn't mean he has a problem.