Bad News....

Brian

In the face of this bad news, hopefully EC will seek or be mandated to seek the assistance he needs. A B/A of .234 @ 7PM mid-wek no less is huge. Also this is his second DUI within eighteen months. Alcohol abuse/ self-medication is tricky but usually symptomatic of underlying issues. The "easy" part is intervening on the abuse...the tougher, day-to-day endeavor is recognizing the triggers to self-medication.

Incarceration and treatment is not fun....but from personal experience I know it will save his life and support those of his loved ones.

Keep fighting EC...for you, your wife and your beautiful kids!

John

Yes,very sad. But I'm sure Eric and his family will be fine. Thankfully no one was hurt and all of this will most likely be resolved before it gets worse.

Sorry, I can't help it :P --on a lighter note check the name of the street where the accident occurred.

I noticed the street name right off the bat too.

Hopefully no one was hurt --- do we know for sure?

I'm a recovering acoholic,and a wee voice in my head keeps telling me ( There but for the grace of God go I ) and another wee voice is saying to me, (throw the book at him ). I have to admit that, in my boozing days, I did an awful lot more damage than probably the whole lot of you put together. The shame I feel sometimes is unbelievable.

Alcoholism is a disease, I have been around it my whole life. I do not wish this terrible stranglehold on anyone. Eric is our hero (different ways to all, but nonetheless, a hero)and this disease shows us all that, at the end of the day, he is nothing but a human being suffering...like we all suffer with our own special f*cking demons...

Eric, don't do anything for anyone else but YOURSELF...those around you cannot do it for YOU....get help for YOURSELF...do it so that you can wake up every morning and face the fact that you are a man with nothing but the gifts you were born with, as well as with frailties that came with being born. Trust yourself to use the same determination and perseverance that you KNOW exists inside of you to face this challenge...and forgive yourself, we all f*uck-up our lives at times...allow yourself to put your fate into someone elses hands, people will help you....just ask...

Some will be judgemental, others by sarcasm, yet others by anger or disgust...BUT, we are all saying the same thing in our own ways:

We are supporting you as we can, hoping to help trigger something...anything that will guide you to a better road for yourself.

bahoo

• Like 1

There is an awful lot of love, caring, and compassion here. Many of us have been through the process of fighting down our own demons. With me it was prescription drugs as a teen. I was too smart to do street drugs so I took prescription after prescription to escape the life of being abused by my parents. The prescriptions were easier than the reality of life. I've been told that the stuff I mixed should have killed me a dozen times over but God had a different plan for my life. I went off of everything completely when I found I was expecting our first child. I didn't want him damaged by this. Now I don't want 'me' damaged by this. We all have that catastrophe where we hit a point of crisis and have to decide where our life goes next. And we have to remember that our direction will take other's lives with us. You HAVE THIS within yourself to correct!!! Everyone here BELIEVES that of you or we wouldn't be posting!!! You have family and friends who love you --- and now you know for certain that you have extended friends who love you and will stand by you as well. PLEASE pick the right direction and take everyone who loves you with you.

alright,i wrote someon else about this,and have been holding back to write,but here i go..i'm ssoo f'n pissed off at the cleveland media right now i could blow! if it was you or i this happened to,it would'nt be on f'n t.v.!! not saying what eric did was right,but damn these stations for airing that..i happened to be watching wkyc at noon and came into the room and they were f'n showing it..as a fan and human being,i'm totally pissed off!!! it's just flat out wrong to show it..okay,i've vented..i thank god he was'nt hurt or did'nt hurt anyone else..a really angry "lots of love" chris

Ya know...If Eric would race home from work or whereever, so he can log onto ec.com and interact with us more and stimulate his brain with the wide range of topics...MAYBE HE WOULDN'T HAVE THE TIME OR THE NEED TO STOP BY THE PUB!

Thank God he was alone!

Thank God he wasn't in his jag!

(Do you know how much it costs for bodywork on those cars?)

GET HELP! Your family needs you... pray

I hear ya Chris and I am definately with you on that one...for one thing, his family are all innocents in this...did they really need to have that plastered for the world to see??? Or for some day down the future for one of his children to access?? I definately don't 'get off' on the total degradation of another human being for *ANY* reason but definately *NOT* for gratuitous sensationalism and a ratings boost!! To me, this is like those people who would much rather *gossip* or point the finger elsewhere because they are hiding even deeper issues themselves! Here's three words for whomever is responsible for airing this: Shame On You!!! When you go have that talk with the "Man" upstairs do you think you will be able to look him in the eye?? The fact of the matter *IS* there ARE other people who were hurt...everyone who is a family member or dear dear friend to Mr. Carmen...I know, I know, most are referring to 'what could have been'...but it wasn't. This has to be a very sensitive, sad, emotionally exhausting time right now for Eric and those who love him...change is ALWAYS difficult for any of us...it takes time, support, courage, healing and a plan. I truly hope Eric *Never* finds himself in this situation again. I just want him to find the same type of joy to the core that he brings to so many of us...for himself.

*Vera*