Happy Birthday Eric!

Raspbernie

Eric,

In 1997, when this web site began, I started a great tradition. I asked fans all around the world to sign what I called a "Virtual Birthday" card. After everyone had written a personal greeting, I gathered them together, printed them out and mailed them to you. I didn't know if you even had a computer back then, or knew (or cared) about this website for that matter.

Back then, there was no new music, no upcoming concerts—nothing whatsoever to promote. But still the fans came. They came in numbers greater than even I could have imagined. They came because of the gift you had already given us: the music that touched something deep in all of our souls.

A lot as happened over the last nine years: Winter Dreams, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert, the Ringo Starr tour, and (MY GOD!) a Raspberries reunion. Recently, you've become an active Member of EricCarmen.com, sharing your thoughts and exchanging messages with fans from New York to New Zealand. What an amazing opportunity!

For all of the music, I thank you. For the concerts, the handshakes, the smiles and the fun, I thank you. And on this day—your birthday—when it is traditional for friends and family to wish you well, I want you to know that everyone here at EricCarmen.com (your loving extended family) wish you the best today, tomorrow and always.

Happy Birthday, Eric!

Bernie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric,

Have a WONDERFUL Birthday. Where are the words that could express just how much your gift of music has meant to me, and to so many others over the years? I can't seem to find them, but I hope (and I think you do)you know just how important you've been to so many of us.

I wish for you lots of happy surprises this year, both hoped for, and unexpected !! And from one Leo to another....YOU ROCK !! happy

Love, Marlene

Eric,

A very Happy Birthday to you! Thanks to this day, so many people around the world have been able to enjoy and share your wonderful gifts of music and song, and please know that you and your music have touched so many of us.

Enjoy your special day...and from all of us out here in "Ericland", here's a very heartfelt Thank you for being who and what you are to us!

Dean

Eric,

"I Can Remember" receiving my very first album as young boy - It was the Raspberries 1st album. Over 30 years later, I still enjoy every lyric and every note! Of course everything that followed was brilliant as well, including your solo material.

I hope you have a fantastic Birthday surrounded by loved ones and friends! happy

Tim

Eric,

Thank you for filling so many lonely teenage nights with good wholesome TUNES and thank you also for filling some middle aged years with live TUNES I had long ago given up on experiencing again. Happy Birthday! Wishing you a future filled with many more birthdays and TUNES. -TOMMY TUNES

Eric, it was in the early 1990's that Kiwi introduced me to your music. I have never regretted that day.

May your birthday not only bring you happy memories but also a fresh keeness of what you can achieve for the future.

Happy Birthday and Thanks

Muzza

Eric,

Here's wishing you a very happy and exciting birthday! It was mentioned earlier the specific age. Hey...you ought to feel good about that! You have been able through your God given talents bring a lot of joy and happiness to uncountable numbers of people including me. And that is one of the most important things in life. All it takes is belief in yourself. I will be always grateful to you for sharing your gifts with all of us. Have a great day with your family!

Phil

Hi Eric - a big Birthday hug and a kiss from me to you! I'll hoist a Pilsner Urquell to your continued health, happiness, and success from Prague next week.

Thank you for everything you've shared with us - from the music to the personal revelations.

lots of love - annie and pete