So what's up with the photos?

Dougjack

you won't get spam by joining, do you get spam because you joined here?

you can save the photos to your hard drive or to a disk and print them yourself, you do not need to buy anything, unless you want to.

Well, I was actually already getting "Exciting Offers" from Ofoto, but I found where to shut that off in my "profile". My main issue is that the pictures on the Ofoto site seem to be small, low-res versions - when I download them into Microsoft Picture Manager, they list as 28K, 448 x 299 pixels. The Ofoto caption says they should be 1440 x 960 pixels - a much higher resolution. I just want to know how to get the high-res version. Great shots, though! Everybody looks so happy!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=ufxdjba.cf51kzi&x=1&y=b8lku9

The photos are not the best quality but it's still nice to see the various people I met this weekend standing with the band. Hopefully, I'll be able to recognize everyone when I see them next time. Pass the link along to anyone you know who went to the 'Meet and Greet' as it seems most did not leave an email address.

Despite the many complaints about the meet and greet, it would be nice to hear those complaining recall to us the last time they were part of such an event. These guys played their hearts out for 2 hours on what appeared to be an uncomfortably hot stage, then took the time, when they would rather be in bed, to be with us after the show. They were polite and genuinely interested in each fan. I was in the 7th or 8th group to be photgraphed. Despite what some of the complaints are, every group was told that they should list their e-mail address in the book that was clearly in view at the exit from the photo area. I am grateful for the group allowing the meet and greet to happen, and for the photos. Thanks Raspberries for making this such a memorable evening.

First of all, no one is complaining about the band. And in spite of what you say, every group was not told to leave their emails. My group certainly wasn't told anything and by the number of people on this board who were unaware it would seem most weren't. How can you even make such a comment, were you present as each group went through? Your comments are an insult to the rest of us! The Meet and Greet was poorly organized. I'm not complaining, just stating a valid criticism. It actually wasn't particularly important to me. I figure it's due to it being a new venue and they didn't have enough veterans from other clubs brought in to put it together. These things happen but people have the right to complain about it if they want. So sod off!!!

Yeah, I should emphasize that I don't blame the band in any way for the M&G problems, and it in no way detracted from the thrills and excitement of the night, at least as far as I'm concerned. I've been at several M&Gs, and this was the worst organized - every other one allowed individual photos, not group, and mostly people brought their own cameras. The lines were not really clear, plus the table vs. couch thing, and no pens, etc. The sign-up thing was new to me. But - I did hear them telling us about it, 'cause I got signed up! And, this was by far the most people I've seen at one of these, so that added to the confusion. But the guys were GREAT!! I chatted w/Jim & Dave mainly, and I'm sure I was grinning like an idiot the whole time. In fact, now that I've seen the pictures, I have proof. Sorry, Art, if it seemed like we were badmouthing the band somehow. That wasn't my intention.

Folks, Ruthie and I were in the next to last Meet & Greeters group. We were asked to leave our email address (twice). Unless there were other pages ( a distinct possibility) I didn't see more than 6 email addresses on the page. It could be that in the excitement (chaos) Greeters didn't hear the instruction, or maybe they weren't told - but we were.

Ted

I wasn't asked for my email address, however, Gina was kind enough to send me the Ofoto link, so I did see the pictures. On a side note, when I met up with Jim on Saturday, he spoke of how exhausting the "M&G" process was. He said the band felt that they owed it to the fans to hold such an event, but don't count on it happening again - unless the show starts about an hour earlier.

Marvin

I have also heard from the band that the MEET AND GREET was to "thank the fans" and to celebrate the band's reunion. I doubt that they will do it again.

On the off-chance that you missed the chance to get a full Raspberries group autograph, check out the RASPBERRIES REUNION CONCERT MERCHANDISE page via LINK which will go up at 1:00 p.m.

All kinds of goodies for everyone!

Bernie :-)

Barb: Mellow out, I am not insulting you or anyone else. I was standing at the rope by the photo shoot for the first several groups and I did hear it said every time. Sorry you missed it. I just hate to see the criticism of something that was, indeed, a real bonus to the show.

Art, you did insult us whether you intended to or not. You said every group was told and the implication is we're stupid or had our head up our arses if we didn't hear it. That is not true. I was at the rope and the second person in my group. No one told us anything. The only person there was the big bouncer guy in the yellow shirt and he never said a word. The fact that you heard it said many times only means that YOU heard it many times. I never said that no one was told, I said my group wasn't and from the large number of people posting, others weren't either. How many testimonials do you need? It was not communicated to people as they went through well. It was not well organized and I had the feeling that they were winging it as they went along. I had a great time as I'm sure did everyone else but that doesn't make this one specific criticism any less valid and you (or anyone else) shouldn't begrudge anyone who voices their opinion on it.

Wow, sorry to hear the M&G was a 1-time deal. I know there are lots of folks who would've liked to have a chance to meet them and couldn't get to this 1st show. I guess it would be pretty hard to stay "up" for all that time (look at the photos - they're mugging and trying to be clever and nice to everybody). What was it, midnight or so when it started? Plus they're 55, not 25. Glad I didn't give up when the line seemed so long! Y'know, I met Rush at a M&G, and they did it BEFORE the show. The logic being that they felt they wouldn't have anything left energy-wise afterwards. I've also done a couple of M&Gs at record stores where there was no concert at all, but that was usually in connection with a new album by the artist (hint, hint, Berries!).

The downside to doing a meet and greet after the show is that the band will usually be pretty wiped out. Most bands don't like to do it before the show as they are generally fighting the jitters and those sorts of things tend to make it worse. I'm sure it was an exhausting night for the band but I sense they felt it was well worth it.

Art, my posts probably sound more harsh than intended. The written word is always harder to discern than the spoken. I'm not angry or anything. I felt your post was unfair and called you on it. Most people tend to shy away from confrontation and I tend to welcome it. I missed you this weekend but perhaps we'll meet in the future. cheers!

Man, I don't know if I can make it. Xmas is coming up and I'll be flying to Seattle for the holidays. If it were summer, I'd drive to Cleveland (16 hours) but I don't want to risk that in mid winter. I haven't ruled it out yet. My biggest concern is the audience for that show won't be as big and enthusiastic and the band will lose momentum. I would actually feel guilty if I don't go. How odd is that?