So what's up with the photos?

Dougjack

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you won't get spam by joining, do you get spam because you joined here?

you can save the photos to your hard drive or to a disk and print them yourself, you do not need to buy anything, unless you want to.

I'm excited they're here already, I'm in #24 and #25, 3rd from the right (behind Wally)

after the pics were taken, you had to leave your e-mail address, and they sent a link via e-mail tonight to access the pics. You just join the site (only about a minute of your time), and you've got access, it's super simple. I'd gladly post the link here for you, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to do that, we'll need Bernie's input on that one just to be safe smile

okay, don't panic, I'm sure everyone who was there will get to see the photos, and maybe even those who weren't there will have access. The first piece of advice I'd offer is to make sure your e-mail server isn't seeing Janet's e-mail to you as spam, and not allowing it into your system. Be sure your e-mail filters aren't set to only allow mail from your contacts, etc. If you've got some sort of anti-spam program going, chances are you won't get the e-mail from Janet.

If I were absolutely positive I wasn't risking copyright infringement, I'd post the link now, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to, they are, after all, Janet's pics, not mine. That's why I e-mailed her and asked permission, it's just the right thing to do.

Really, no one specifically told me we had to give an e-mail address either, it was just in the general announcement when they began the meet and greet.

Anyone who had a pic taken and didn't hear from Janet, if you send me a private message with your e-mail address, I'll send Janet an e-mail and ask her to contact you, how's that? confused

General announcement? All I recall was mass chaos and a lack of organization. Nothing was communicated as far as I could tell. A simple flyer handed out at the door could have explained everything but nada. Email me the link! I have no idea who Janet is but why should she care if people access the photos. That's what they're there for. I paid for the damned thing already. What's even more annoying is all the people who don't visit this sight and had they're picture taken but will never see it.

The picture I joined was an afterthought. Lights came on again and someone behind me in line pushed me up and said, "GO! It's the last picture!" So I just went up there, but no one asked me to leave an e-mail address.

Don't panic. It sounds like JuliaD knows what's going on. (She usually does! She's not only a brilliant cake decorator, but also a smart cookie!) Sorry about the pun, I just couldn't resist. Pics or not, you were part of history--you were there! Be happy!

smile --D