Bobby Sherman

gordharris

He was just too "sweet" for me. I thought Fabian and Frankie Avalon were cute--but my biggest heartthrob those years was--Brian Hyland! ("She wore an itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikini" and "Sealed With A Kiss," which is the song I LOVED!) I met him once at a church benefit concert when I was 14 and have a picture of him signing an autograph for me. He gave me his home address and actually wrote me an answer to a letter (which I went home and wrote that night, of course!) He was really a great guy. I can't believe I actually thought of this!

smile --Darlene

smile --Darlene

I do have the Brian Hyland album back in 1970 on UNI which had the remake of the Impressions "Gypsy Woman" which hit # 3 back on December 5 & 12, 1970 on the Billboard Top 10 (Hot 100) & also got a gold record. His remake of the Jackie Wilson "Lonely Teardrops" peaked at # 54 (Hot 100) back in March of 1971. He also Bubbled Under with "So Long, Marianne" (the remake of the Leonard Cohen song) which hit # 120 back in July of 1971. All three songs produced by the late Del Shannon. The album Brian Hyland went to # 171 back in Feburary of 1971. Matt

With a name like Julia, I doubt I'll ever be allowed to forget Bobby Sherman, every new person I meet seems to have a penchant for going into the first chorus of "Julie, Julie, Julie, do ya love me?", and acts like they're the only person who's ever been clever enough to sing that to me! crazy

Tony, you may be right, I'm not certain, but I think I recall hearing Sherman is a firefighter, not a policeman? Not saying you're wrong tho, I don't even recall where I heard it.

Okay, I am a real live "Julie" and nobody has sang that to me since 5th grade! Wish they would though--I LOVED Bobby! Always watched, "Here Come the Brides". Keep in mind though, I was very young! Lol

BTW--I'm pretty sure that Bobby is a paramedic. He used to do a commercial a few years ago for something and they would show him in his paramedic uniform. Might have been for OWI or something similar.

--Julie, Julie, Julie........

• 2 weeks later...