For those staying at the Holiday Inn Express

smittie

If I'm not mistaken, The Holiday Inn Express in downtown Cleveland does not have an actual restaurant. The serve a continental breakfast, but I don't think they do lunches or dinners. If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me. Driving all over to find a place to dine is not on my list of things I like to do.

I recieved my Raspberries ribbon today in the mail, Oct/29th, 2004

It is beautiful, I have it pinned to my coat, so everyone can see it, that way they can ask me, "What is that?, I will say, 'The Raspberries are getting back together for a reunion concert in Cleveland, then they will say, COOOOOOL.

Or I didn't know that.

Thank you so much for the ribbon.

I really like it. A lot happy

Annie, you're right, it may be a little difficult making breakfast on Saturday morning. But I want to meet everyone from the EC message board. I will probably be at the pre-show reception, but I want to meet those who will not be attending it.

I think an informal meeting, maybe at the HOF is a great idea. I've never been there, but it is definetly a must on my to do list that weekend. So, maybe this thread should be retitled TO Those Going to the HOF on Saturday afternoon. Anyone want to meet there? Please let me know! :p

Hey Marvin and BadfingerBarb,

I just re-read some of your earlier posts and it looks like the 2 of you are also interested in meeting at the R&RHOF on Saturday afternoon! Shall we plan on a time? BadfingerBarb also mentioned a dinner location. Any Cleveland locals have suggestions for dining? I believe someone mentioned a spot a few weeks ago, but I am too lazy this morning to search for it! Thanks! Julie R.

Cleveland has a Hard Rock Cafe and Houlihan's. Both are at Tower City Center on Public Square.Also there is Fat Fish Blue which is just off of Public Square. Fat Fish Blue has bands nightly and a Cajun cusine. Water Street Grill in the Warehouse District has a full breakfast menu along with lunch and dinner.

Great idea Marvin about meeting in the lobby of the Holiday Inn. Guess I am just excited about meeting everyone and ended up making it sound too complicated. Just want everyone to feel included regardless of their budget! You name the time to meet in the lobby and I'll be there!! laugh

Just a warning about the HI if you're driving. Be careful about parking there. You must use the adjacent parking garage. There is a parking lot in front that has meters, BUT it is heavily watched by the meter people and you will get ticketed as soon as the meter runs out. When we stayed there last year , we were watching as my buddy's car was ticketed even though he still had 10 min left on the meter. It took almost a year to resolve the matter with the City of Cleveland...

Jeff

Smittie et al,

I think most of the board members are opting for the R&R HoF on Sat. So it should be quite a group. I hope we don't get thrown out for being too rowdy.

Lunch is much better than breakfast. I for one will want to sleep in as I expect the after-show will be a late night affair. Just a guess on my part. spinwink

Hey Bernie, are you working on a Sat. lunch too (as if you haven't done enough already?

Ted

Like most, I'm anticipating being up pretty late Friday night so I don't know if I'll be up for breakfast the next morning. My tentative plan is to head over to Tower City for an early lunch (Someone suggested Hard Rock, which opens at 11:00. I think that would be appropriate.) Then head over to the HoF. I've heard that one can easily spend an entire day at the Hall. I was thinking about seeing Les Paul on Saturday but it's an early show (6:00) and I don't think the logistics will work out for that. Saturday evening I'm thinking about heading to the Flats for dinner and entertainment. Howl at the Moon is a definite possibility. For those who have never been to a dueling piano bar, they're a lot of fun. That's what I had in mind, although I am open to suggestions. Anybody who wants to meet up for the HoF or anything else can email me through the message board.

Hi ya all-

Definitely want in on the HOF trip in the afternoon!! Meeting in the lobby will help coordinate a time and a place for lunch and/or dinner.

We can always leave a message at the front desk for Bernie and anyone else not staying at HIE telling them where the rest of the field trip is!!

I'll leave my cel phone number.

thanks for the info about parking!

annie