Long Forgotten Eric Song...

Dale

I got in one of those moods when I decided to dig out some of my old...... old LP's (Like big black CD's) LOL. Well I was playing one of my favorite by a local band and found a song on it credited to Eric. "I need your Lovin" Recorded by Freeport .... " Freeport Express" I had forgotten he wrote it. Good song.

Darlene .......... Yep that would be me...Thanks it's nice to be back.

Raspbernie. The album is by Freeport Express. They were another Cleveland group that got pretty big back then ( Craig Holt, Kevin Raleigh, Roger Lewis, Dennis Stredney, Bill Stalling. This album came out about the same time Raspberries was formed. On the album it says the song was written by Eric Carmen and get this....... The song was published by Magic

Raspberries Music Company.

• 15 years later...

Kevin Raleigh went on to form the band Dynamite with Jim Bonfanti & Dave Smalley in their post Raspberries days.  To the best of my knowledge, the album they cut was never released.

Kevin was also in Jim's band, Pictures.

Kevin is probably best known for his work with the late Michael Stanley in the Michael Stanley Band.

The MSB's best known record features Kevin on vocals.

youtu.be/HplvE-GXUtw

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, susie b said:

Kevin Raleigh went on to form the band Dynamite with Jim Bonfanti & Dave Smalley in their post Raspberries days.  To the best of my knowledge, the album they cut was never released.

I’m pretty sure I had a cassette tape of that unreleased Dynamite album. Will see if I can dig it up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Raspbernie changed the title to Long Forgotten Eric Song...
On 11/22/2021 at 4:56 AM, Raspbernie said:

I’m pretty sure I had a cassette tape of that unreleased Dynamite album. Will see if I can dig it up!

On 11/22/2021 at 6:56 AM, Raspbernie said:

Love it. Would love to hear this remixed with modern equipment. Tommy Allen are you listening???

• Thanks 1