Musings on the show

Bob Allen

I have no idea if this is in the 'works,' but it would seem to me that any Raspberries reunion set list would not be complete w/out the band playing 'Overnight Sensation,' its third biggest 'hit' single. Wouldn't it be cool if the group ended the evening (or included as part of an encore) 'Starting Over,' 'Play On' and 'Overnight Sensation' -- with the original line-up that recorded them? Eric would announce that there are "two very special guests" and out would walk Scott McCarl, while Mike McBride takes his place behind Jim's drum kit. The audience would go absolutely crazy, naturally. Dave and Jim could remain onstage (Dave switching to guitar; Jim on tamborine and doing B/Vs). Someone has posted that Mike no longer plays drums, but what the hell -- why not ask (would just need to make sure there are extra snare and tom heads at the ready!). As for Scott, you gotta believe he'd be on the first flight east for this if the guys asked. Mike and Scott are as much members of Raspberries as the original 4 and helped make the group's last LP the defining piece of work that it was (and is). And the six of 'em could close out an historical (at least for those of us in attendance) evening with 'Little Queenie'! Just some fantasy musings on a Sunday morning...

I agree that this should be the 'Berries night.

My comments are related to Springsteen's often quoted desire to be present at a Rasberries concert and even to "open" for them.

If he comes out and sings something like Johnny Be Good with Eric...the resulting publicity/fanfare would be enourmous.

No matter what...it's all gonna be good:)

In some respects the reunion cup only seems have full without Scott in the show. His contributions and influnces are just as significant as Dave & Jim's. He really should be in the show. Overnight Sensation,Starting Over and the Party's Over won't be the same without him. Hopefully he can be included in future shows

Steve-O

Here's what *this* particular Raspberries reunion is all about, folks -- these FOUR guys (who were the original Raspberries that recorded three LPs for Capital Records and played hundreds of shows together in the early '70s) want to play together again. It's as simple as that :-)

Bernie

How awesome is that?? And we're in luck, we want them too. Now this is down the road a bit but do you think they might record another album again? I'm sure Eric has stock piles of music to choose from, not to mention Wally, Jim, & Dave. Keep your finger and toes crossed. This is just too exciting!! June happy

I think the day has come that top 40 radio doesn't mean that much. There are just so many groups and formats are so fragmented. If the guys did a CD it may never hit the airwaves. With Amazon, this site, and others, any CD by the group would be a money maker and something for us to enjoy. And you never know... they may record something which we do hear on the air! I know it sounds funny...A hit record, yeh.... yadah yadah.