Who YA gonna see?

JCraft

1. Raspberries featuring Scott McCarl, Wally Bryson, David Smalley & a different drummer. 2. (Sid & Marty Krofft's) Bugaloos reunion with (big John) John (I.Q.) McIndoe, (little John) John (Courage) Philpott, Wayne (Harmony) Laryea & (pink butterfly) Caroline (Joy) Ellis. 3. The Ides Of March featuring Jim Peterik (the Brian Johnson of AC/DC vs. Blood, Sweat & Tears). Matt

1. The Beatles

2. Elvis

3. Bruce Springsteen circa 1977

4. The Beach Boys circa 1967 - but Brian Wilson

has to be in the show.

5. The Temptations (original lineup with Ruffin,

Kendricks, Williams etc.)

6. The Raspberries - any combination as long as

it included Eric and Wally

7. The Hollies - with Graham Nash

8. Badfinger - circa 1971

I'm sure there's more, but that's what comes to mind right away.

MARVIN

Man, this is one of the hardest questions I've ever been asked - you should do job interviews!

I would have to say I'd be off to see Simon & Garfunkel (circa 1969). They were a major influence on my life (although I was a child of the '80's). By the way, how long does this night go on for? How is it possible to see so many groups in one night?

If I get to see a few people in concert, I'd really like to see Mozart in action too - I hear he was a really cool guy, as well as my favorite composer of all time.

Michelle

Since Halloween is coming up lets think of something a little bit different. On 10/31/2002 everyband you ever heard music by is playing live somewhere. There is no warm up group, no fancy places to go before or after, just the concert itself. Who ya gonna see?

JIM

Beatles, Queen, Carmen,Bowie as ziggy with Mick Ronson on guitar,Elton, Led Zep,Jellyfish

Mott The Hoople,

1. Eric Carmen (With any band he chooses)

2. Kenny Loggins (He always plays with the best musicians on tour)

3. Bee Gees (After the chipmunk disco phase)

4. Earth Wind & Fire (circa 1979. Maurice White was the bomb!)

5. Styx (With Dennis DeYoung, but no Mr Roboto)

6. Dan Fogelberg (With a full orchestra)

7. Chicago (Peter Cetera a must!)

8. Yes (You don't have to understand Jon Anderson's strange lyrics eek to enjoy the band's musical genius.

I sit here with about a thousand Cd's on the shelf behind me. There is a lot of music on that shelf I love. I have purchased every album that many of those artists ever recorded. But there is only one artist that I would travel half way across the country to see, if I knew it would be my only opportunity. I believe his name is at the top of this web page.

I had already been attending concerts for close to 20 years when I saw Paul McCartney in 1989 at the Montreal Forum (remember that show Andy???). I knew there and then that I would never see another concert again that would lift me emotionally the way that show did. Growing up a major Beatles fan, I guess this feeling was inevitable. Prior to this concert, visiting Liverpool and seeing all the historical Beatles sites was probably the highlight of my life

It's been 13 years since that McCartney show and other than a couple of Springsteen shows that are also near the top of my list, Paul still reigns as THE concert experience of my life.

MARVIN

Marvin, I saw Paul in Philadelphia and it WAS exciting! It's true the music was exciting, but a lot of the excitement was of course about who he is. One can't know one is about to see a "Beatle" and NOT get excited, especially Paul or John. I did see John also in New York with Harry Nilsson one day in Central Park, when they appeared on a show Eric and the Raspberries were doing. Again, I was very close to John (sitting on the stage in fact!), and it was almost surreal, knowing one of the premier "Beatles" was right there. It was more about Paul and John than the music, even though the music is incredible, as it goes without saying.

With Eric, though, I went into hyperspace excitement! It was all about the music and his performance of it. It was exciting to see John and Harry Nilsson (and Ringo with his All Starr Band), but in each case, Eric's music and performance excited me beyond any of the other people. --Darlene

Yes I have to admit when I saw Paul in 1989, it was more the experience than anything else, but was it so different from your experience of seeing Eric, probably not. I grew up loving the Beatles music just as you did with Eric's music.

I'm sure if I ever got a chance to see the 'berries, the experience would be similar.

MARVIN

...and I bet if you polled people who have seen Paul in the 1960's, '70's, '80's and '90's, they'd give a similar opinion. Paul's musical ability and talent is mind-blowing, his voice has remained strong and his proficiency on a number of instruments remains incredible. He's now 60 years old, but it amazes me that he can sing a song like "I Saw Her Standing There" in the orginal key he wrote it in as a teenager.

MARVIN