The New Official Raspberries Website

Eric Carmen

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sudden Sam did a great job on his only solo album, "Starting Pitching Over." One piece of Raspberries history that will also be omitted from the new site is that Sonny Siebert and Luis Tiant actually replaced Mike McBride and Scott McCarl for a very brief period in 1974. It was a difficult period so you will never see Eric or Wally ever admit that they were in the band.

Do we really need the cunning sarcasm directed towards some bandmembers? The polarity of some Fans is very obvious.

Like I said before: I enjoy BOTH the Original and Starting Over RASPBERRIES. Are there other Fans on this board that can agree to that?

Don

raspberrywine wrote:

Sudden Sam did a great job on his only solo album, "Starting Pitching Over." One piece of Raspberries history that will also be omitted from the new site is that Sonny Siebert and Luis Tiant actually replaced Mike McBride and Scott McCarl for a very brief period in 1974. It was a difficult period so you will never see Eric or Wally ever admit that they were in the band.

Last night, before the game, they introduced the 100 Greatest Indians of All Time. There were some mighty impressive names and numbers jogging out of that dugout. Not the least of which was good old Rocky Colavito! Mighty cool to see Rocky again. I can still remember the front page of the Plain Dealer the day after he hit four homers in the same game. It doesn't mean you're getting old when you don't know the names of the new Indians. It's when you don't CARE what the names of the new Indians are. ec haha

Last night, before the game, they introduced the 100 Greatest Indians of All Time.

OK - being the Red Sox fan here, I must say the Sox does have a copule of really good former Indians (Manny Ramirez and Coco Crisp). Though the Indians manage to do a number on the Red Sox most of the times they meet. (Indians still get my respect - in fact, I support two teams: the Red Sox, and whoever beats the Yankees).

BMP

BMP - Thanks. I like his avatar, and I rotate some of his famous quotes as my "signature"... wink

Eric, regardless of what team you were a fan of as a youngster, there can never be "better players" than they were! Growing up a Braves fan, I still think fondly on guys like Mike "Hawaiian Punch" Lum and Marty "Little Taco" Perez more so than the newer crop. smile

Last night, before the game, they introduced the 100 Greatest Indians of All Time.

OK - being the Red Sox fan here, I must say the Sox do have a couple of really good former Indians (Manny Ramirez and Coco Crisp). Though the Indians manage to do a number on the Red Sox most of the times they meet. (Indians still get my respect - in fact, I support two teams: the Red Sox, and whoever beats the Yankees).

BMP

I have not been keeping up with this thread until tonight. I just read the last two to three pages of posts and can’t believe the number of negative feedback on what is “not listed†on the new Raspberries site. I agree that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but all I read was Blah, Blah, Blah. Face it folks…we waited 30 YEARS for this….30 long years for the Raspberries to reunite….and they did….with the original band members, the way it all began. Some bands don’t even get that chance. Everyone knows that Eric is the crux of the band….without him it just wasn’t The Raspberries.

Look at what is happening here….reunion tours, new CD/DVD, and Eric is even on the board giving his input. WHO ELSE DOES THAT ???? We anxiously awaited this new site. It was created for the fans….US….YOU AND ME….. So, lets count our blessings and be happy that we finally got what we wished for…..The Boys are Back In Town !!! AMEN !!

I have not been keeping up with this thread until tonight. I just read the last two to three pages of posts and can’t believe the number of negative feedback on what is “not listed†on the new Raspberries site. I agree that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but all I read was Blah, Blah, Blah. Face it folks…we waited 30 YEARS for this….30 long years for the Raspberries to reunite….and they did….with the original band members, the way it all began. Some bands don’t even get that chance. Everyone knows that Eric is the crux of the band….without him it just wasn’t The Raspberries.

Look at what is happening here….reunion tours, new CD/DVD, and Eric is even on the board giving his input. WHO ELSE DOES THAT ???? We anxiously awaited this new site. It was created for the fans….US….YOU AND ME….. So, lets count our blessings and be happy that we finally got what we wished for…..The Boys are Back In Town !!! AMEN !!

Couldn't have said it better myself! happy

HT from Mo

Amen, ladies.

It is plain to me that this new site is Eric, Wally, Dave and Jim NOW...the result of the reunion and the future. it's one site with a clearly stated direction and content. IMHO, it needs to be accepted and supported as such.

I think it is really nice and loyal of our posters to support Scott and Michael,

BUT -

accept the new site for what it is and try not to reject it for what it is not.

annie

There are some of the strangest twists and turns in this stream. We start with the announcement of a great new Website, then we work our way thru the whinings of those who are upset about omissions and typos, then right out of left field (sorry, make that right field) comes Rocky Colavito and the modern day Indians. How I love this joint!

The only Indians I remember are Jay Silverheels and Chief Dan George.