The New Official Raspberries Website

Eric Carmen

Jim wanted me to PERSONALLY invite each and every one of you to drop by and take a look at the BRAND NEW OFFICIAL RASPBERRIES WEBSITE!!!!! Yes, it's true, it has at long last come to pass. The band has a website it can finally call it's own. It's cute, it's raspberry red, it's got all sorts of neat stuff, thanks to the programming magic of Jim Bullotta, with a nod to our own Bernie Hogya. And it should be a nice "companion site" for our beloved ec.com. So, when you're done hanging out over here.... before you head off to bed, check out the band's new home at raspberriesonline. We'll leave the light on for ya. ec wink

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about www.Raspberries.net That is registered as the Official Raspberries website since the mid 1990's. I helped Michele Cervoni with a "ton" of the groundwork in the early days of the Raspberries website. Archival Photo scans, CD reviews, pictures and on.

Can there be 2 official Raspberries websites? Is one more official than the other? If so....Why?

Don Manderfeld

Eric Carmen wrote:

Jim wanted me to PERSONALLY invite each and every one of you to drop by and take a look at the BRAND NEW OFFICIAL RASPBERRIES WEBSITE!!!!! Yes, it's true, it has at long last come to pass. The band has a website it can finally call it's own.

The new website is about the Raspberries. Jim, Dave, Wally and me. It's about the current band and it's not about anything else. It's sanctioned by the band and run by Jim Bullotta. We hope it's the place people will find when they search for the band and we hope you'll find it to be a fun, positive place. And that's all I'm gonna say. ec wink

Everything about the new website is world class! Mr. Bullotta has done it up very beautifully and professionally and it will no doubt attract a lot of people and widen the fanbase. I anticipate that EC.com will also benefit with an increase in new members as a result! Congratulations, guys! I love it! What a great new way to spread the gospel!

smile --Darlene

I think the new site is very well done.

Kay Bryson had told me about the photo Al took of Wally Bryson and Jim Bonfanti backstage with Joe Walsh at The James Gang reunion show. I was surprised to see Wally's haircut. Wow!

It's in the Rasparazzi Gallery section of the new site (the photo section at http://www.raspberriesonline.com has several galleries) with other photos of celebrities hanging with the guys.

Don Krider smile

The only thing I'm kind of stunned at is the lack of mentions of Scott McCarl and Michael McBride on the new site.

There's a very brief mention of Scott and Mike in the band timeline section (which mentions the lineup change of late 1973-75), but they aren't mentioned at all in the band bio (which actually mentions the "Starting Over" LP without mentioning the lineup change on the band bio page).

Heck, the jukebox doesn't have any of the songs sung by Scott either (how about "Play On"?) or co-written by Michael ("All Through The Night").

I was rather surprised at that and I would hope that will be changed.

Not trying to rain on the parade because it is a very well-done site and I'm enjoying it, but as a long-time fan I'm just hoping the band bio can be fixed to mention the impressive contribution Scott and Michael made to the band (an "album of the year" award from Rolling Stone magazine is a cool thing), and maybe bring Scott some attention via adding his music to that very cool jukebox.

I just think the additions would make the web site even better for the long-time fans.

Don Krider smile

The only thing I'm kind of stunned at is the lack of mentions of Scott McCarl and Michael McBride on the new site.

Don,

Maybe you missed Eric's original post on the subject. Raspberriesonline.com is a joint project between the four guys who have reunited: Wally, Eric, Jim and Dave. It's main reason for being is to promote them, the reunion and upcoming projects. It's not a historical site, nor a nostalgic site. All four bandmembers are jointly involved. I mean, you don't see a lot of photos of former bandmembers not on tour with plenty of current bands who have web site promoting their gigs. Let's stop analyzing and start partying. Anytime Wally, Eric, Jim and Dave agree on anything it's good enough for me!

spinspinspin

Bernie

Well, I suppose it's inevitable. Let's ,just say that tomorrow we bring Mike and Scott into the website. The next day somebody is gonna be yelping because we left out John Alexic. Right now there are four members of the Raspberries. These four members just toured and will be putting out a "Live" album in the not too distant future. This new website is really about what's going on today. That doesn't minimalize the contributions of anyone else. It's just more focused on "now." ec

That's all fair enough really. I don't think that the John Alexic thing is as relevant as Scott and Mike though, because the band wasn't yet well known when John Alexic was in the band, and he's not on any of the recordings that we all know and love. You don't tend to get people on this forum talking about John, or not very much anyway, hehe!

(no offence to John).

I do definately think that a bands website should be mostly about the current members, which is what most bands do, including me with my band websites, but I suppose the difficult thing about the Raspberries is that both the recorded lineups are very much loved by a lot of people, so even though there IS a "current" lineup, people (including me) are still going to be interested in what Scott and Mike are upto, and hoping that someday you (as a band) will want to involve them somehow, whether that's a realistic proposition or not.

I know that's not a very sensible wish of course, hehe, but most of the people here probably dreamed of the Raspberries re-forming, never truly believing that it WOULD really happen one day.

The reality is that keeping 4 people happy in a band is hard work, let alone adding more people from a later lineup, dredging up more (possibly) unresolved personal issues, and trying to rearrange songs to make room for 2 more musicians. And then there's the problem of making all 6 people feel like they're essential to the band, rather than just "tacked on" to please the fans.

From my point of view, I absolutely LOVE the drumming of both Jim and Mike, and with Jim now back in the band it does make me want to also be able to see whether Mike can still play well too. But I guess he's still making his living from Real Estate rentals or whatever it is he's doing?

And as for Scott, I think everyone agrees that he's fantastic, and incredibly versatile, so I think everyone on here would just like to know what he's upto, regardless of whether it's to do with the current Raspberries lineup or not. I tried emailing his address on the "other" Razz site, but never got a reply.

So to sum up, I see what you mean Eric, but judging by the forums over the last few years I'd say that it's really mainly Scott and Mike that people want some info on, and they wouldn't neccesarily need to be officially "involved" in the running of the website, just a bit of semi-current info would keep us eager fans quiet, haha!

(well, quiet for a little while..)