A Message From Eric

JuliaD-- Tickets for four shows are in hand, one show is ordered and not yet received. But I have hope...so I'm hanging onto mine until I know for sure. Because only one thing would be worse than not seeing Eric perform live...and that would be knowing that someone else is sitting in your seats while you're sitting home if Eric decides to join the tour! :angry:

Bernie

I remember showing up for a show at the Philadelphia Spectrum where Eric was opening up for Billy Joel...and guess what...he cancelled or something happened...did that happen or is it my imagination? I've got four tickets to the Keswick show that I'd hate to see wasted! Anyway, I know Todd Rungrem is with HAll and Oates that week so if we're lucky they'll cancel the show and we'll get our money back. There's an oldies show that same night with $10.00 lawn seats in the Philly area -- if anyone has travel arrangements it's better than nothing -- Frankie Valle, Lou Christie, The Association, The Rascals, Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods, Freda PAyne and a few others!

I will be very disappointed if Eric's not on the tour. I have tickets for the 7/21 show in Hyannis, MA. Which my wife (hint hint Eric) bought me for Father's Day, at $48 per person.

I viewed the tour as my first (perhaps only) chance to see Eric perform. I like Todd Rundgren (never have seen him live) but Eric is who got me interested in attending this show. I'll still go even if EC's not there, because I've never seen Jack Bruce live, either. I'm not as crazy about Mark Farner, or Christopher Cross, but I viewed them as icing on an already pretty cool cake.

So Eric, think it over, will 'ya...

I agree with Steve Rychard. I'll be as disappointed as anyone if Eric doesn't do Keswick, and I will lose the $$$ I paid for the tickets, but I know enough about stuff like this to realize this may not be Eric's "fault", and I don't know the whole story. I think we should keep that in mind, and just hope for the best. :)

Hey Betsey,

At least one EC fan is taking me seriously. Shoot for the stars! Make your dreams come true! An intimate, informal backyard concert (including an inground pool near the stage) with only TRUE EC fans! And we can videotape the concert of ALL Raspberries and solo songs, and maybe even sing along!

Come on, Bernie! You've got the pull!

Steve in PA

ERIC: It will be a great disappointment to me if you do not play on this tour. I live in Utah, and am flying to Baltimore to catch one of the Atlantic City shows and then the Wolf Trap date. However, you must be true to yourself, so whatever happens life will go on! I hope you can work this out to your satisfaction, but if not, then you should not compromise your personal ideals. Good luck...whatever you decide I'm sure you have your fans' support, and you certainly have mine. Art in Utah

I probably won't be sorry if Eric comes to DTE Energy Music Theatre. Back in 1988, he had to cancel some dates on the Dirty Dancing Tour because he had laryngitis (loss of voice) or a sore throat but the show went on minus Eric at the old Pine Knob Music Theatre. I did not see him back in 2000 when he was touring with Ringo Starr & friends tour. I would like to see Alan Parsons as well as Christopher Cross but if Eric can't make it, that's fine. Matt

The idea of a "backyard show" is great. I had Pat DiNizio of the Smithereens do a "Living Room" show at my house a couple of years ago and it was really cool. It cost me $2000 but I charged $25 at the door. Still took about a $750 loss but it was worth it to hear a personal favorite play a set of songs I picked out. One last note: If someone REALLY believes Eric Carmen would committ to something like that, please tell us what you're smoking. Besides, even if he did, I give you 10-1 he cancels.

I detect a bit of negative tones in TGP post about a backyard concert and even if Eric agreed to it, he would cancel. That is not fair to Eric, and I take objection to your comments. You should respect Eric and his integrity about performing only the best possible show for his fans. He is doing this for us, not himself. Come on, think positive and support Eric, even though his decision may disappoint us at times.

I tend to look for the rainbows behind the clouds.

Robin M.

I think one of the problems with a "backyard concert" or any one single show, is that if you employ a band to achieve the full sound it requires so many days of rehearsal (particularly Eric's complicated arrangements), for just one show. You might as well do a full tour for the same rehearsal (hint).

Oh there is one other way to go though...Eric could invite my wife and I to his house, and we'll enjoy a cocktail while sitting at his grand piano for an acoustic solo set... ;)

Oh dear, this reminds me of back when I was sitting in my seat at Avery Fisher Hall for the

Arista Records bash, and hearing that "the truck

bearing the equipment of Eric Carmen broke down

and he will not be performing tonight; instead you will hear the 'Gil Scott Heron Midnight Band'"

or something of that ilk, I don't remember now.

I just remember being desolate and looking around

to see if Eric was in the audience, disappointed too. Somebody I know knew Barry Manilow's bass

player and I even went to the party and met Melissa Manchester, but I was STILL disappointed.

I hope it doesn't happen again. :huh: Darlene