Acoustic & Unplugged?

That'd be cool! They have lots of songs that could work that way, like "Come Around & See Me", "Should I Wait", "Last Dance", "Hands On You", etc. Of course, the REALLY cool thing would be to do something you're not expecting in that style, like "Starting Over" or how 'bout "Let's Pretend"?

I really would like to hear Let's Pretend / Starting Over unplugged. We all heard the recording of the beautiful live version of the two songs thanks to Bernie and his MP3 files (although now they're disappeared). Eric switches brilliantly between the tow songs without missing a beat - it goes to show what Eric was striving for all along - a cohesiveness amoungst all the songs on the records (and they were on two seperate albums!). It sends chills every time I play it (or maybe that's just the air conditioning at work, who knows??)

When I saw the 2nd Berries in '74 Eric did a solo version of "Let's Pretend." Just Eric and his piano. He played it as a slow ballad. At the time I was disappointed because it was one of my favorites and I longed to hear the vocal harmonies but, alas, that wasn't to be. It wasn't that it was a bad rendition, it was just unexpected. For me, it lost it's punch. For others it was probably great.

As mama said, that's why there's chocolate and vanilla.

Ted