Needles and Pins

mymooladi

Needles and Pins was a pop8ular song by an English group The Searchers in the summer of 1964 during the height of the "British Invasion".

It has a very catchy guitar riff that is very unique and probably up there with "My Girl", "Satisfaction", "Stairway to Heaven" as far as a recognizable guitar riff. It has always been one of my favorites and I hope the Berries play it again at HOB Chicago!

Phil

"Glad All Over" of course was done by The Dave Clark Five during the British Invasion in 1964 also. What a great song and yes the Berries would do a great job of it.

I don't know if too many people remember a Beach Boys song "I Can Hear Music" but I think the Berries would really do a great job with it. It was popular in Spring 1969. It has some high parts that Eric would just shine in doing it. What harmonizing that songs has and it is another classic in my mind.

Phil

ARGEE, Lol

Sterling, I remember" I Can Hear Music" by the Beach Boys, it's a real soft rock tune, but, great.

Like Eric says, strictly, Raspberries Music, right.

If Raspberries did glad all over, they wouldn't have to use the sax, because of it's loudness.

They don't have to stomp their feet.

People can make good rough music, into good listening enjoyment, but, with the same notes and that.

It would not sound like the actual song, if it didn't, it's not worth singing it.

I remember I Can Hear Music. I thought it was a beautiful song too. And I agree the harmonies are beautiful. If the Raspberries were to do some Beach Boys tunes, I would love them to do God Only Knows or I Can Hear Music. Actually, what ever they pick is fine by me, because I never would have picked out Needles and Pins and now I can't get it out of my head. Did they ever do a nice job on that song, I loved it!

June laugh

Quite a few years ago Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers did "Needles and Pins" and it was good. Of course when you start off with a basic song that is great and then have a quality band cover it then you get it right!

When I was in college (late 60's and early 70's) there was a band from the St. Louis, MO area called "The Guild". Rocker Michael McDonald was in it....later in Doobie Bros., Steely Dan, Etc.

Anyway they did a medley at our Homecoming Dance of Beach Boys, Four Seasons and Beatles and it just blew our socks off! The Raspberries could do any of those covers! Would there be any Four Seasons songs they could do? I have already mentioned "I Can Hear Music" by the Beach Boys since that was in the medley....Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Phil