Movie with Eric Carmen song

Steveh

My son is watching Showtime - the movie "Down to Earth" ,2001 with Chris Rock. A few moments ago, they played about 20 seconds of Eric singing "All By Myself". Way to go, Eric! You wrote and sang the greatest song about loneliness...and it's still being used in movies 25 years after you created it!

Steveh

I know All By Myself was a huge hit, and serious fans feel the need to hail some obscure song that the rest of the world has never heard. After all, you can't be a REAL fan if your favorite song isn't some hidden gem that only a REAL fan would know about. But in this case, I have to disagree. I have heard ABM hundreds of times and still love that song. The long version is still my favorite Carmen song, though there are certainly others riding right on it's tail.

I know All By Myself was a huge hit, and serious fans feel the need to hail some obscure song that the rest of the world has never heard. After all, you can't be a REAL fan if your favorite song isn't some hidden gem that only a REAL fan would know about. But in this case, I have to disagree. I have heard ABM hundreds of times and still love that song. The long version is still my favorite Carmen song, though there are certainly others riding right on it's tail.

I don't think that I'll ever get sick of ABM either. I love to hear it in an unexpected format - a movie, a tv show etc., just to see the reaction that it brings to others that might be in the room with me at the time. Sort of like when I saw Eric perform with Ringo in Minnesota and when he did ABM, I could hear people around me whisper: "He does this song?"

MARVIN

Athough ABM isn't my favorite EC song, I remember

how excited I was just hearing the beginning of it, and I STILL get excited hearing it.

I think we all did, once upon a time. It's just that we've heard that more than anything else (so

has the whole rest of the world!), and we know that there is so much more to Eric than just this

song. The song is so incredibly popular, that it's true that (almost) everyone loves it, and some people don't even know it's Eric's.

Yep, I still get excited hearing the opening of it.

smile --Darlene