All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Jim should have played "Overnight Sensation"

Matt, both are great drummers and each brought a lot to the band. If you want to hear Jim playing "Overnight Sensation" all of the reunion recordings should have it!
  3. The Outsiders

I went to itunes & The Outsiders original songs are NOT available on itunes including all 4 Top 40 songs "Time Won't Let Me", "Girl In Love", "Respectable" & "Help Me Girl". It is the REMAKES of those songs. Did someone filed a lawsuit??? The "Capitol Collectors Series" is NOT available on itunes either.
  4. No wonder why Eric let Dave & Jim left The Raspberries in January of 1974. Jim should have played the drums on the song "Overnight Sensation (Hit Record)" NOT Michael McBride!!!
  5. Yesterday
  6. A-One Stop Raspberries Primer

I clicked on that link from the Eric article- thanks Lew!
  7. A-One Stop Raspberries Primer

Your one stop Raspberries education primer...https://nj1015.com/meet-the-raspberries-photovideos/
  8. It's Eric's Birthday!

Happy Belated Birthday, Eric🎂 Thanks for all the good vibrations❣ Love, Mary Ellen
  9. Starting Over... A New Album Collection

Get "Bulletin Board" by The Partridge Family (their final album from late 1973). The song "Alone Too Long" reminds me of Daryl Hall & John Oates. Speaking of Hall & Oates, they did a song called "Alone Too Long" (from the self - titled RCA album in 1975). Blood, Sweat & Tears also covered "Roller Coaster" (featuring lead singer Jerry Fisher) (from 1973 "No Sweat") which was also done by singer songwriter Mark James also on Bell Records. Also Rod Stewart covered "Oh No, Not My Baby" also in late 1973. Finally, Barry Mann did the original "I Heard You Singing Your Song" (from 1972 "Lay It All Out" album). Problem is that "Bulletin Board" is available on itunes.
  10. Last week
  11. Starting Over... A New Album Collection

Received and am listening to Badfinger´s "Straight Up" (one of Lew´s top 5) and Partridge Family´s "Sound Magazine" (in Paul´s list). Both are strong but I need to listen more before opining in a thorough way. But what does come to mind listening to "Sound Magazine" is that these songs are not teeny bop, they are brilliant pop tunes, produced, played and sung at a very high level. It´s too bad this band got pigeonholed into a "joke and" / a "not cool band". People would do themselves a favor to get underneath the need to be "cool" and listen to this stuff. It´s incredibly strong. Will now go out and buy more from the Partridge Family.
  12. A one stop Eric primer...

Sounds like a fan...
  13. A one stop Eric primer...

https://nj1015.com/meet-eric-carmen-photosvideos/
  14. A guitar signed by Joe Walsh has been added to the Rock Relief Auction.
  15. Peter Fonda "Easy Rider" dies at 79

My hubby was just wondering out loud if anyone was going to commemorate him by smoking a doobie (?!!) AnneNR
  16. Peter Fonda "Easy Rider" dies at 79

I just watched Easy Rider a couple of weeks ago...those were the days.
  17. Peter Fonda "Easy Rider" dies at 79

So sad. Hard to lose folks who are iconic to our generation.
  18. Raspberries at Fairfield University...Jan 31, 1975

I could have sworn that Eric has testified that even though he had started All By Myself while with the Raspberries, he didn't finish it until he was on his own.
  19. Peter Fonda "Easy Rider" dies at 79

Actor Peter Fonda of the 1969 motorcycle movie "Easy Rider", 1974 "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry" & 1997 Oscar nominated movie "Ulee's Gold" (lost to his buddy Jack Nickolson "As Good As It Gets") has died at 79 years old. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Fonda
  20. Sheryl Crow "All By Myself"

It's different, maybe it grows on you after a few listenings. (?) Harmonies sound a little harsh, could smooth them out a bit more. AnneNR
  21. I tweeted Eric to see if he actually played ABM with Raspberries...stay tuned.
  22. Kazumi’s Birthday...

I just noticed that it is Kazumi’s birthday today...Has anyone ever gotten to the bottom of her disappearance?...I went to her profile page and it said that she changed her profile photo on August 25th, 2017...Bernie, Do we know if that is accurate?
  23. https://musicofourheart.blog/2014/05/03/the-raspberries-power-pop/... Funny thing is I was at this show and I don’t recall Eric singing All By Myself or the British manager and his announcement...
  24. Sheryl Crow "All By Myself"

Not bad!
  25. Sheryl Crow "All By Myself"

From 1993, Sheryl Crow "All By Myself" (from the 2018 Deluxe Edition of the 1994 debut "Tuesday Night Music Club") (audio only):
  26. Eric Caemen Birthday Live in Japan 2019

......WOW!!!!!!!
  27. Eric Caemen Birthday Live in Japan 2019

Another great set list! Such dedication from Eric’s musical friends from Japan to honor him every year with a concert on his birthday! Bernie
  1. Load more activity