All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. First Post

Yep, same Mitch! He does a nice job with that FB page.
  3. Put your dukes up...

I was hoping to lure some people back...
  4. Put your dukes up...

If Marvin was around, he'd tell Lew a thing or two...
  5. First Post

I believe this is the same Mitch that has the Raspberries Rocks FB page. Wow- he retired in 2006- lucky guy!
  6. Put your dukes up...

Sweet Lew! This is one of your best threads ever. It shows incredible bravado to go on the EC board in the midst of a grass-roots campaign out on social internet sites to get the Raspberries into the Hall of Fame. And here you come to throw some water on it all. And you know what? You make a sound anti-Raspberries argument with your "She Loves You"" bit and your John Waite comparison. But... I'm still solidly on the bandwagon. The Hall of Fame is a farce until it recognizes the band that, despite "She Loves You," was the architect of power pop. The only argument that matters is.... "Go All the Way," "Overnight Sensation," "Tonight," "Ecstasy," "I Wanna Be with You," "Let's Pretend," "I Don't know What I Want," "Should I Wait," "Party's Over," "I Can Hardly Believe You're Mine," etc. etc. :-)
  7. First Post

How can you not love Mitch? I just stumbled upon this old thread, Mitch's first, and got a kick out of seeing his intro and all the welcomes (a couple of which came from board members who, sadly, have left us: Don Krider and Sugar Babi). Anyway, it's a reminder of the good folks I've met here.
  8. Last week
  9. Put your dukes up...

Knock it off...I’m not sure that the Raspberries had much in the way of influence...To me, power pop started with She Loves You and the early Beatle hits and moved on to Badfinger before the Berries started their thing... Also, I kind of parallel Eric/Raspberries career with John Waite/Baby’s...The Berries had one top ten and 2 other top twenty...That’s it...The Baby’s had two top 20’s and that’s it... Solo, both Eric and Waite had “cash register” monsters with Eric at number 2 (All By Myself) and Waite with a number one(Missing You)... Eric banged out 4 other top 20’s while Waite(solo and Bad English) had another number one(When I See You Smile) And one other top 20... I give Eric the slight edge in chart success although never having a number one while Waite had 2... Neither one had any significant impact with their lp’s, Group or solo.. I don’t think that sales totals tell the complete story...While many more musicians would credit Eric as an inspiration than Waite, John is known on both sides of the pond while Carmen is virtually unknown in Europe... Not sure that any of these guys (Springsteen, Bon Jovi, etc.) endorsements really mean anything...If you count the number of people that cite Don Mattingly as an influence, it certainly doesent make a case for Donnie Ballgame... As Craig eloquently pointed out, there is a difference in between Sports HOF’s and the Rock HOF... I am really Don’t see John Waite as a Hof’er and Eric either...But, then again, Bobby Bland is in there and not sure he is significant anywhere... Interesting debate/discussion...
  10. Put your dukes up...

Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!
  11. Put your dukes up...

Is it possible that Lew went down faster than Marvis Frazier did against Mike Tyson?
  12. Rumor Mill

Rumor was that they were there...Once again, Bernie withholding info on us...
  13. Rumor Mill

So did All You Old Dudes carry the news? Inquiring minds want to know.
  14. Rumor Mill

So, what's the rumor?
  15. Rumor Mill

At a recent Mott The Hoople NYC show, there was a mini ec.com reunion with Tommy Tunes, Pierson and Raspbernie...All The Old Dudes...
  16. Put your dukes up...

So why DON'T you think that the Raspberries belong in the HOF?
  17. Put your dukes up...

Had the topic been Raspberries or Eric solo for the R&R HOF, I would agree with James. Eric never wrote a 'B' side tune...
  18. Put your dukes up...

I may agree Lew, but Eric Carmen should be in for his genius work in the band, and in his solo career. 10 albums, as a unit they represent greatness. ..and he was the mastermind behind it all. IMHO
  19. That famous white guitar is in a new exhibit at the Met. The Melody Maker is in good company. Play On!!! https://amp-gothamist-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.gothamist.com/amp/articles/create?article_id=5ca4d476ec23ea000192fa05&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s
  20. Put your dukes up...

Well, I was going to make an argument similar to Craig, but he saved me some typing- bravo!
  21. Put your dukes up...

Before the subject of whether someone/something belongs on ANY "Top" list or Hall Of Fame, the criteria of what establishes that list has to be established. The R&R HOF certainly doesn't use sales or popularity as the driving measuring stick because there any many, many artists in there that are virtually unknown to the masses. Each year there are artists inducted that leave most scratching their heads. So it appears that the "the influence and significance of the artists' contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll" weighs heavily in who is considered I. You say that you won't argue based on other artists that have already been inducted, but you really can't exclude that because that in it's very self established criteria. Just as in baseball, there is no set statistical criteria, but if every pitcher in the HOF had x amount of wins, and x amount of strikeouts, and then pitcher John Doe comes along and exceeds them in every category, doesn't that demonstrate the argument that they established the criteria by whoever has already been elected in? The same goes for the R&R HOF. Beyond the stated criteria, they are establishing and building onto that by the other artists that they are inducting. There have been many examples on this web site where artists have named Raspberries as being influential to them. And some of these are themselves in the Hall. Raspberries were unique in their time, and were influential to other artists. Their contributions lead to the development and perpetuation of Power Pop.
  22. Put your dukes up...

I say that the Raspberries, as much as I love them, don’t belong in the R and R Hof....I’ll take on all challenges with appropriate arguments...Give me your best arguments “for” and I’ll use that same argument as to “nay”...The only argument that I won’t argue is that “The Raspberries should be In because “x” is in”...That is not a valid reason In my book...That is more an indictment on the other acts or the Hall itself...So Go All The Way and build your case...
  23. Earlier
  24. Dateline NBC: Timeline

I don't watch Dateline NBC anymore since Stone Phillips left the first week of July of 2007.
  25. APRIL NEWSLETTER

James...I will never short circuit a diaLEWgue about Lew in favor returning the topic to James...You just don’t have the name that conjures up any reason to concentrate our efforts to make you feel better...Therefore, more Lew and less James... Now that I got that off my chest, it’s time to “turn in”...Got my slippers, bathrobe and my favorite pair of paJAMESas, kick back with a nice shot of JAMESeson and watch a little Telly... Let’s check out the movie channels, hmm...A Johnny Weissmuller festival entitled, “Me Tarzan, you JAMES...What the heck?...No way will I watch that... How about the A and E network...”JAMEStown, the first settlement”...oh dear...followed by JAMES JONES’...”Kool-Ade anyone? I guess no movies for me...How about some nice music from the different music channel?...Oh, a 60’s station...a Tommy JAMES CONCERT...CLICK, LET’s check out the 40’s station...The best of Harry JAMES”...argh!!! Let’s try some Broadway tunes...Oh good...I love LEWie Armstrong...”You coax the blues right out of the horn, JAMES,... you charm the husk right off of the corn, JAMES.... I gotta get away from thinking about James...I know...Maybe I’ll Go workout at the JAMESnasium...No, I’ll just read the Bible...Let’s see, I got one here...”The Bible, Saint JAMES edition... A last resort, I’ll just pop in an Elvis movie...No James references in those titles...TURN on my VCR and voila!!! Elvis Presley starring in , HAREM Scarum... Geez...
  26. APRIL NEWSLETTER

The subject of Lew is LEWminous for sure, but for KIRKING out loud!!....it´s time to get back to discussing my favorite topic.........JAMES.
  27. APRIL NEWSLETTER

I think you guys are halLEWcinating...
  1. Load more activity