Sign in to follow this  
hungryeyes

Rock n Roll Roots Cd

Hey everyone,

I had talked about this great CD that Bob Stroud puts together in the past. You could read about over on www.wdrv.com

He released vol.6 this past November. Everytime he takes suggestions from the listeners. I always suggested berries tunes in the past but there have not been enough requests for him to consider that.

So, now that the guys have reunited maybe this is a good time for everyone here to suggest a Raspberries tune for Vol 7. He will probably start taking suggestions next month or so. I will let you know and then you could fill out the form on the website with your suggestion. Vol 7 should be released this November. Just an idea

Gina spin

We'd probably have to all get behind on one song. How about "Overnight Sensation"? Sorry, it's my favorite. I don't think a better song has been written about the music industry. To this day it still gives me chills...

Jeff

jeff, than you must've been in heaven sat night. that song to me was one of the highlights of the concert. as for putting it on this cd, stroud might think it's to long. we may want to champion one of their less than 5 minute classics.

Zman   

how about "go all the way"? people who didn't know the berries reunitied might recognise (sp?) it and also he played it on his show the day after the berries concert.

yes, Greg I was. I couldn't believe how great it sounded live.

"I wanna be with you" would be a ggod choice for the CD. I told a friend Saturday who I was going to see. He didn't recognize The Raspberries by name, and he couldn't remember "Go all the way" , but he knew that one as soon as I mentioned it.

Jeff