Sign in to follow this  
Craig Benfer

Shoutcast Broadcast Tonight

I would like to try a test Shoutcast Broadcast of uninterrupted Eric tunes tonight,starting around 7:00 p.m. EST. This will not be posted in the Shoutcast directory, so basically will only be made available to members of this board if interested. I would like to get an idea of how many, if any will want to tune in so I can set everything up properly. All you will need to listen is software for listening to MP3 (Winamp, Musicmatch, JetAudio...) and an internet connection. There will be no DJ, just music, but who knows what this could lead to in the future. Maybe I'm shooting for the moon, but I would love to have a One-Time "Live" Broadcast in the future including interviews, guest DJ's, song intro's by Board Members, and maybe even a debut of new Raspberries or Eric material. Tonight is primarily a test, but will include some surprises. Just visit http://151.205.218.8:8000 and click on the LISTEN link. If prompted, select your mp3 player that you want to play the broadcast. Hitting REFRESH will also update the Currently Playing info.

I tried but it keeps timing out>It maybe that I can't have streaming audio here at work because they have a firewall although I have no problem with the stuff at ec.com

Stu

mannoman   

Craig, there is an 1/2 second interrupt every two seconds - even on a cable modem - rather disturbing. using WinAmp Pro. Hmmm?

Anyone else experience this? The song is "I need your lovin' baby" - it says the artist is Eric Carmen but he must have been very young 'cause it doesn't sound like him.

Ted

Maybe 56kbs is too high. I might have to broadcast at a lower bit rate next time. I thought that it would be pushing it for dial-up users, but I really didn't think that Cable or DSL would have a problem.

Jeff   

I am getting broken streams, too. I am in Switzerland, on a T1 line -- it for sure is not the downstream -- I can access video remotely I recorded from TV from my desktop in New York on this line -- If I can view video from my own desktop, through a T1 line, without breaks, I should be able to stream a 56kb broadcast -- the problem may be on your upstream. I am able to stream EASILY at 768kb (the video bandwidth) -- this is 56kb. Are you sure your ADSL has proper upload bandwidth?

But, in theory, a very cool thought to do this ! Sometimes I like hearing stuff randomly that I have not had to choose the order (in the old days, they had a name for this .... what was it ?? .... oh yeah ..... RADIO !!!!

I think you are right Jeff. And probably is the upload bandwidth that is the culprit. I might try it again on a different server that offers a faster upload speed. What I will do is disconnect in a few minutes and start another broadcast at 24kbs. The quality won't be as good of course, but it may at least give you a constant stream. New broadcast at 8:30 EST.

That is probaly because enough users dropped their connection. It seems that 3 listeners is the max until breaking up occurs.

Oh.... I Need Your Lovin was a song from the Cyrus Erie days.

kazumi   

It was so much fun to listen all Eric and Raspberries songs without interruption. Plus I had never listened some of those songs. I hope you can do this regularly for us. Thank you very much, Craig.

Kazumi happy

I will again soon. I'm glad some of you enjoyed it. There were a few of Eric's buried treasures included. (I hope that's not against the rules) More bandwidth coming soon, which will allow a few more listeners.