Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Message Board Fun

Hey, hey! Check out this nifty new Message Board feature...you currently have to be a full-fledged Member to use 'em and I haven't decided whether to allow custom pictures, yet...but in the meantime, check it out and pick your favorite Eric album or picture or whatever :) --Bernie

darlene   

Yes, how do we access the pictures? Bernie, you're amazing -- always offering something great! Thanks from the bottom of my heart. --Darlene

Okay...here's how to do it. Click on MY PROFILE above. Then click on VIEW/UPDATE PROFILE on the next page that comes up. Then scroll down to where you can select a picture. I'll be adding more Eric/Raspberries pictures in the near future but there's a nice selection to get you started! --Bernie

Bernie, you are something else. You would do a king proud! Eric? King? Same thing. You have so many nice ideas, where do you get them from?? I am sure glad you are on this board. Thank you a hundred times over. JUNE ;)

LC   

Hard to believe this announcement of the new bulletin board here was 17 years ago! Seventeen—really? Yep—that's when Bernie opened the doors of this fun and lively and info-packed board. Well, maybe "lively" is overstating it these days....  It's disappointing to see the traffic slipping to its current level. What would we do without the soldiers who keep on keepin' on? 

I still have the same avatar I adopted when I joined, which was around 2004. I think lurked for a few years before that, and the reunion drew me out of the woodwork. :-) 

• Like 2

Kirk   

LC, were you part of the old message board that started in 1997- that was over 20 years ago!

LC   

Actually, I was not. How many people were contributing to that one? (About the same as now? :))

Kirk   

I'm sure Bernie could give you a number.  I'll see if I can cut and paste a snippet of what it looked like back then...

Kirk   

This page was shortly after start up.  I missed the first couple of months- didn't even own a computer yet- back then the message board was one continuous thread, so you could get lost pretty easily if a lot of people posted between the topic you were commenting on and the original poster.5d3b6f02b69c8_EC.comoldmessageboard.thumb.jpg.4c67817b5e962f24810dd3ffea48a3c2.jpg

susie b   
On 7/26/2019 at 5:23 PM, Raspbernie said:

No number... but plenty.

The internet Archive has some of those pages cataloged.

For instance:

https://web.archive.org/web/20001109020100/http://members.aol.com/raspbernie/messages.html

Bernie

Gotta love the way, Wayback Machine! 

Humble beginnings to a first class message board.

Thank you for doing what you do so well, Bernie.

:)

• Like 1

LC   

Hmm... I always pictured the beginnings of your EC site more like this, Bernie. 

Ah, rats. I still can't get photos to load. Unless I make them so lo-res that they look like a blurry mess. What am I doing wrong? How come everyone else can load big photos, and I keep getting this message...? I'm not exactly just off the turnip truck when it comes to jpgs and digital art and sizing and stuff. It's what I do....

You''ll all have to wait to see the funny photo I was trying to put in here. But, it'll give you something to look forward to. :-) 

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 1.06.04 AM.png